JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Late last year, there was an infux of surplus police issue Beretta Model 81's imported into the U.S. I decided that I wanted one and at a price point of $200-$250 why not?

Well I almost waited too long. Aim Surplus, Classic Firearms, and DK were all showing sold out. There were some available on Gunbroker but they were being listed at $350+ and were obviously being re-sold after having been purchased from online sources.

J&G Sales showed that they still had some in stock for $229 but didn't give a hand select option. Nevertheless, I decided to roll the dice before they were also gone and ordered one up.

After it arrived at my LGS, I waited for six additional days for my background check to clear, but finally got to bring this little beauty home.

20200705_165205.jpg

20200705_165245.jpg

Date code shows a 1981 production. DA pull is 8.5 lbs and single action 4 lbs. Action is smooth as glass. Probably the best $230 bucks I have spent in awhile.

-E-

Last Edited:
I actually shot it yesterday, but only at a stump and pop can. I cycled four magazines of Winchester white box through it and two magazines of Fiocchi 7.65 Browning ( :D )......100%.

It has fixed sites so there is no adjusting obviously. Still a fun shooter.

I missed the opportunity of purchasing surplus magazines. These are also now on Gunbroker fir inflated prices, but I see that the Beretta website has new magazines for $48.

-E-

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top