JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No size limit, 15 a day. Red tails?
Incoming tide and the last two hours are the best.
You probably already know all that though, but if not go with a 2 to 3 oz pyrimid weight at the end of your line then loop in 2 #4 cheap pre tied snelled bait hold hooks above the weight and bait with half chunks of sand shrimp. The little buggers are quick biters and pros at stripping you bait if your not quick to set the hook,
Enjoy!

Thanks! I ended up going to seaside instead. I limited out but my two buddies got 12! Probably caught around 80 between all 3 of us. Tossed back small ones and pregnant ones. But my buddies kept tossing small ones back in hopes for big ones. Then the run got slow so we decided to leave before they limited. We used gulp sandworms.

Hold the fillets up to a bright light to check for worm cysts.
Nothing worst then throwing some fresh fillets on the grill and seeing a worm crawl out of the meat.

What the guests don't know, so to speak?:D
Went down to a small bay yesterday at low tide and tore the lips off of 18 beautiful starry flounder ranging between 2&4 pounds. Could have easily took a limit of 25 but that's a heck if a lot of filleting for one night.
Ate a plate full of breaded golden fried fish tonight,, hmmm good stuff.

Hold the fillets up to a bright light to check for worm cysts.
Nothing worst then throwing some fresh fillets on the grill and seeing a worm crawl out of the meat.

A night in a bowl in a cold fridge and they tend to crawl out themselfs.
If folks actually knew how many different little critters were in what they eat every day they would probably turn vegan,, oh wait, there's even more of them there too!

:D And a few of these too! image.jpg

I went to seaside again last week. Evening tide. We didn't get much, probably only 15 between the 3 of us. Nice catch guys. I'm a greenhorn when it comes to fishing ocean, second time fishing for surf perch, I think my cousin caught a small lingcod and my other cousin caught one of those flounders.

Funny I was thinking last night on when they would be showing up are you getting them in the bay? Or surf

That was just inside the jaws of a bay on an outgoing tide.
1st week end I picked up a few the next, eight, the next weekend
My oldest son went with me and we could have easily caught our limit of fifty but the old burlap bag was over fifty pounds and that's a lot of filleting so we called it there.
We're going on Father's Day tomorrow,,, we'll see :s0071:.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top