JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a light set up for my M4. I really like Surefire and I want the brightest, most "wide" light I can get. I found a used M500 with the giant (like 3") head on it, for $150. I'm not sure on the light output and performance though. Anybody like or dislike them? Or even seen one used? I'm open to other options if they are super bright flood style lights. This is my woods/hiking/HD/zombie gun. I prefer Surefire, Insight, or Streamlight. I also do not have a rail to mount it on, amd I like a light at the 1-2 o'clock position or 10-11 o'clock.

SureFire Fury is a 500 lumen LED light, the only thing I don't like about the lamp is the switch operation (low light \ off \ bright light)

Vltor offset quick connect mount + Fenix T12 = $<220 and 468 lumens of light, three stages avail (locks in your last setting though). Tucks in nice and tight to fore end/rail at 11 or 1 o'clock.

Surefire M500 is 225 lumens for 20 minutes max. M500 3" head is cumbersome and unnecessary. Fenix is 468 lumens for 1 hour or 3x as long, plus twice the light; bright and clear.

The small Fenix FD32 is 315 lumens and is only $60. Fenix lights are durable and can handle being mounted on a firearm. I have several and have never had one fail yet.

Surefire is top quality for sure, but if you are on a budget there are other options to consider. As TechieGuy said, Fury is 500 lumen and could also probably be mounted with an offset mount nicely. I would check on whether you have to tap three times to get to the brightest setting or not though, if so, not great.

The M500 is outdated. At the rate these lights are improving you will see 3000 lumen lights for $100 in a year.

Thanks for the responses. I understand that Lumen wise, there are brighter lights, but many of those super bright lights are really concentrated, which is not what I want..

The M500 WAS a good light. LED's are blowing all those kind of lights out of the water on brightness, life, and run time.

^^THIS^^ Go LED, you will never regret it. Bulbs are a pain and they can fail at the most inopportune minute, bro. But first check with Surefire to see if they offer an LED upgrade kit and what you can get one for.. it may still be a deal. In that case you may be able to sell the original bulbs and any other parts and recover a few bucks

As far as other lights, go to youtube and enter nut n fancy light reviews.. he's annoying but covers quite a bit of territory

Mostly for hunters and not for tactical applications, the green illuminators are interesting to check out. Like a wide laser. Cool stuff. Toys and more toys.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top