JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys and gals,

I'm just curious to see if anyone has recently acquired their supressor and what was thier wait time. I've been waiting over 6.5 monthes and am still waiting... I'm hearing different timelines, but am just curious to about everyone else....

We should get together for a suppressor shoot sometime. I have one waiting. Took 3 months to get to my Class 3 dealer, and I have a couple more months on my 6 month wait. Best advice I was given years ago, buy it and forget about it.. Easier said than done..

We should get together for a suppressor shoot sometime. I have one waiting. Took 3 months to get to my Class 3 dealer, and I have a couple more months on my 6 month wait. Best advice I was given years ago, buy it and forget about it.. Easier said than done..

Ordered mine a year ago. Took 6 months to show up at the dealer and have been waiting just shy of six months for the stamps now. Suppressor shoot sounds fun!

Have you called the ATF to check its status yet?
304-616-4500
Specifically ask: I would like to check the status of a silencer.
In order to get the status of your transfer from the ATF, you can give them a call at (304) 616-4500.
When you call, they will ask for your name, the serial number of the suppressor, and either our name (for Texas customers) or your transfer FFL's name (for non-Texas customers). At that point, you can expect to hear one of these replies:
1. You aren't in the system yet. If you've just sent your paperwork to them in the last couple of weeks, this means you just need to wait a few more days.
2. You are pending. This is the most common thing you'll hear, and the most important piece of info they'll give you is a pending date. They will also give you an estimate for when they think your suppressor will be approved. Remember that the estimate is a worse-case – so you'll probably get it sooner than they say.
3. You have been approved. Sweet! This means your stamp has been approved and is on its way to either us or your FFL. We'll let you know as soon as we get it. I know it's hard to be patient; but, it can take a few weeks for that stamp to arrive from the time it's been approved; although, it's typically only a few days.
4. You are in an error state. Don't worry, an error really isn't that big of a deal. Either we or your FFL will receive an error letter explaining the problem and how to resolve it. The fix is typically very simple; and, sometimes you won't have to do anything at all. Once the error letter is returned to the ATF they should approve your application immediately – so you're not in for another long wait.
Remember, it typically takes 2-4 weeks from the time you mail your paperwork to the ATF to the time you are in the system; so, don't panic if you aren't in the system right away. If it's been more than about 6 weeks, however, you should probably look into it.
Finally, remember that the time will often pass faster if you try to forget about it. Believe it or not, that magic approval will show up when you're least expecting it.
<broken link removed>

I called every 2 weeks(after 6 months).
I was always very polite as where they.
I don't want them knocking on my door.
But on the phone they probably have the best customer service I have had anywhere period.:s0155:

Have you called the ATF to check its status yet?
304-616-4500
Specifically ask: I would like to check the status of a silencer.
In order to get the status of your transfer from the ATF, you can give them a call at (304) 616-4500.
When you call, they will ask for your name, the serial number of the suppressor, and either our name (for Texas customers) or your transfer FFL's name (for non-Texas customers). At that point, you can expect to hear one of these replies:
1. You aren't in the system yet. If you've just sent your paperwork to them in the last couple of weeks, this means you just need to wait a few more days.
2. You are pending. This is the most common thing you'll hear, and the most important piece of info they'll give you is a pending date. They will also give you an estimate for when they think your suppressor will be approved. Remember that the estimate is a worse-case &#8211; so you'll probably get it sooner than they say.
3. You have been approved. Sweet! This means your stamp has been approved and is on its way to either us or your FFL. We'll let you know as soon as we get it. I know it's hard to be patient; but, it can take a few weeks for that stamp to arrive from the time it's been approved; although, it's typically only a few days.
4. You are in an error state. Don't worry, an error really isn't that big of a deal. Either we or your FFL will receive an error letter explaining the problem and how to resolve it. The fix is typically very simple; and, sometimes you won't have to do anything at all. Once the error letter is returned to the ATF they should approve your application immediately &#8211; so you're not in for another long wait.
Remember, it typically takes 2-4 weeks from the time you mail your paperwork to the ATF to the time you are in the system; so, don't panic if you aren't in the system right away. If it's been more than about 6 weeks, however, you should probably look into it.
Finally, remember that the time will often pass faster if you try to forget about it. Believe it or not, that magic approval will show up when you're least expecting it.
<broken link removed>

Thanks for the info. I take it your a seasoned pro! :)

Well a quick update on both of my suppressors! The checks cleared August 22, 2012. Went pending August 28, 2012 and I decided to call yesterday and both forms were approved February 4, 2013. So just a few days over 5 months! Now I just have to wait for the paperwork to hit the dealer and I will be a happy man! I think I peed a little when the person on the other end of the line told me they had been approved! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top