JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder how much is going to be devoted to mootness -- NY State Rifle & Pistol's reply brief barely addresses that issue -- one footnote about a paragraph long (though it has addressed it in prior briefing at lenght). Mootness is a major theme for NY City and its friends.

Reply: http://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/18/18-280/114641/20190904133735900_18-280rb.pdf

The footnote:
The City prefaces its merits argument by repeating its contention that this case is moot. It is not. As petitioners have explained, they manifestly have not obtained everything from the unilateral and begrudging changes in city and state law that they could have gotten were this case litigated to a favorable result, with declaratory relief that the transport ban is (and always was) unconstitutional and binding, forward-looking injunctive relief. The City notably does not claim otherwise, here or in its mootness papers. The case is thus not moot for Article III purposes. And to the extent the City's objection is merely prudential, there is no plausible basis to reward the City's transparent effort to frustrate this Court's discretionary review.

According to most of the justices. This case can be expanded to all infringements. On the second amendment, if they do wish to do so.

The SCOTUS needs to take this case, and settle the meaning and reach of the Second Amendment, once and for all, for all times. Would be nice for them to find the NFA of'38 and the GCA of '68 to be unconstitutional too, but alas I dream...

I wonder how much is going to be devoted to mootness -- NY State Rifle & Pistol's reply brief barely addresses that issue -- one footnote about a paragraph long (though it has addressed it in prior briefing at lenght). Mootness is a major theme for NY City and its friends.

Reply: http://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/18/18-280/114641/20190904133735900_18-280rb.pdf

The footnote:
Mootness and standing are important now. If they go against us here then we ought to talk about Roe v Wade because Roe didn't have standing when the case was heard. She could not have had an abortion as she was no longer present.

Please Lord, I know I haven't been the best Christian. I may even be in the dregs of my class. But please, guide these justices to do the right thing! Our government is trying to deny us the inalienable rights which you granted!
"Respect the gods and Buddhas, but do not depend on them."

Miyamoto Musashi

I often wonder if he isn't some kind of perv and TPTB have the goods on him

According to various news reports there was a "John Roberts" who was a guest and traveler with one Jeffery Epstein. But, the news reporters never could figure out and report exactly who "John Roberts' is. The task was just too hard for them to figure this one out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top