JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If they are going to hear 2A cases (the USSC turns down the vast majority of appeals) then we want them to only rule on cases which have great facts for us. The bump stock ban is not our ideal vehicle for 2A rulings.

If they are going to hear 2A cases (the USSC turns down the vast majority of appeals) then we want them to only rule on cases which have great facts for us. The bump stock ban is not our ideal vehicle for 2A rulings.
Personally I strongly agree but I am in the minority here. It's news. We ought to discuss it.

I am sort of concerned that the current NYCRPC v NY case before the court will be ruled moot. Be nice to have a really strong, current case moving up. There were several in the past years but they didn't act on them.

Even if the USSC would have taken the bump stock ban case and reversed it (striking down the ATF's actions) they likely would have done so on administrative law grounds (agency cannot change Congressional statutory language) and avoided the 2A question.

Was this the "Bumpstocks do not meet the definition of a machine gun" challenge or the "The ATF did not have the legal right to make law. Only Congress can do that" challenge?

Just wait till the dems find out about binary triggers

I know that they already know of them, and they don't like them. But that doesn't mean that Trump is our friend, as he has proposed similar restrictions as they have. And his stooge McConnell is toe'in the line of his boss.

That binary trigger stuff isn't for me

I used to feel the same way. That is, till I got 1!

Was this the "Bumpstocks do not meet the definition of a machine gun" challenge or the "The ATF did not have the legal right to make law. Only Congress can do that" challenge?

It was Guedes v. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; the "Chevron deference" case.

Funny that Gorsuch, in his statement saying that he agrees with denying the Writ of Certiorari, decided to through gun owners a bone.........

Ray

How did that even get to the supreme court so fast other clearly more important stuff has been lingering in lower courts for decades?

It didn't. We asked for an injunction of the new ATF law, a lower court said no and we appealed it to the Supreme who declined to hear the case leaving the lower courts decision stand.

It didn't. We asked for an injunction of the new ATF law, a lower court said no and we appealed it to the Supreme who declined to hear the case leaving the lower courts decision stand.

how does it work for other cases like our Open Carry case in Hawaii which is 15-20 years old and stuck waiting for another year before a new hearing in in the 9th court?

I know that they already know of them, and they don't like them. But that doesn't mean that Trump is our friend, as he has proposed similar restrictions as they have. And his stooge McConnell is toe'in the line of his boss.

I used to feel the same way. That is, till I got 1!

Seems like with practice you should be able to successfully bump-fire your gun

Seems like with practice you should be able to successfully bump-fire your gun

Yup, your right.
The difference is that "bump fire" in my experience, isn't much better than "sprayin" bullets. With a Binary, I feel that there's definitely more control.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top