JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How do you think this decision will affect the other alphabet agencies that rule over us, specifically the AFT?

Forgive the sources that I have sited....

Please don't k_ill the messenger... :rolleyes:

I feel it could have good effects for us and bad effects for the ATF.

This includes bump stocks, frames-receivers and Arm braces all of witch are their new definitions of laws. Some of them have been place since 1934 that were pretty well defined until they recently changed them.

Will they bow down to the rulings, my answer is no, so we will see them in court. The fight is not over but it at least it gives us a better foot hold in my mind,

And don't forget the Form 1 suppressor 'rulings' than decided solid cups that could not be attached or held to the firearm by themselves or could even allow a bullet to pass through are by themselves "suppressors"

And what about the shotguns, I'm on mobile but I'm too lazy to look them up I think it was the French SPAS and the South African Street Sweeper, that they just declared destructive devices.
I wonder if that will stand up now

My guess since we have only seen 1 ruling from the higher court in 10 years. I would imagine ATF won't let up to past the left agenda. Hopefully the courts are paying attention since the recent rules are fresh they smack ATF in the pee pee.

And don't forget the Form 1 suppressor 'rulings' than decided solid cups that could not be attached or held to the firearm by themselves or could even allow a bullet to pass through are by themselves "suppressors"
That is because they not only want a $200 NFA stamp per device from the end-user, they want that sweet, sweet revenue from the SOT per manufactured device which they don't get from DIY Form-1's.

Just remember that.....
"Rules" do NOT ALWAYS equal "Law".

YES.....there is a distinction between them (and who can make/enforce them and to what degree).

Aloha, Mark

Just remember that.....
"Rules" do NOT ALWAYS equal "Law".

YES.....there is a distinction between them (and who can make/enforce them and to what degree).

Aloha, Mark
This is a good point. However... the 1934 NFA, and the 1968 GCA both have legal definitions for firearms in general... and in the case of NFA firearms, definitions that are clear... but the ATF's "proposed rulemaking changes" with regards to braced AR pistols seem to expand the Legal Definitions of what constitutes AOW, SBRs, or SBS.

You wanna drive a stake in ATF's kiddie-torching puppy-stomping evil black heart once and for all? Find a suit to challenge the Sporting Purposes Clause of GCA68. FPC and SAF are spoiling for the next big fight, and if we cut out that heart we slay the beast.

It really is that simple... we just need a way to get a case with standing.

And what about the shotguns, I'm on mobile but I'm too lazy to look them up I think it was the French SPAS and the South African Street Sweeper, that they just declared destructive devices.
I wonder if that will stand up now
I've always wondered about those too. "We don't like the name/look therefore we will specifically ban them." Makes no logical sense at all.

Same way for the browning high power models that are specifically allowed to use a shoulder stock. If you have a slightly different version of the high power than the one specifically identified then a stock is illegal. Makes zero sense and sounds like political lobbying by certain companies to allow their products and exclude competitors products.

The question I now have with these new rulings is did congress have the right to define or re-define the second amendment to put restrictions on it that did not exist at the time of the founding in the form of the 1934 and 1968 gun acts.

As the 2nd does state Shall not be infringed.

To change or alter an amendment there is a amendment process to fallow and they did not do it in implementing these laws.

Asking for a friend! incase anybody listening!

You wanna drive a stake in ATF's kiddie-torching puppy-stomping evil black heart once and for all? Find a suit to challenge the Sporting Purposes Clause of GCA68. FPC and SAF are spoiling for the next big fight, and if we cut out that heart we slay the beast.

It really is that simple... we just need a way to get a case with standing.
I think the best pathway there is for an importer to be the plaintiff. As I understand the sporting purpose clause it also affects importers and they can't bring in things like pistols that don't have target sites or are slightly too tiny or things like that

Sporting Clause hits at the Semi Auto Rifles and Shotguns, and their limited ( By the AFT) capacity, shotgats 3 rounds, rifles, 5 rounds! It forces manufactures to modify or redesign their weapons to "Comply" with the AFT's rules! Cannot hunt with your AR-10 with more then 5 rounds in AFT/State adopted compliant mags! You would have to prove a hardship, or other unreasonable compliance issues! That said, it's quite possible, your FN Browning BAR was modified away from it's original design to be compliant! All your SAKO/Tikka arms were modified to accept certain regularity features outside their original designs!
Here's another biggy, and could be used, any rifle with a threaded muzzle has been neutered by the AFT/NFA restricting the use of suppressors, where in Europe where some of these rifles are imported by FN or Beretta which are fully compliant there and often times, required to have a suppressor to hunt! JMO

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top