JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Several of the court's conservatives signaled in recent years that they were interested in revisiting the issue, and it's not clear why they chose not to do so. Four conservative justices have expressed a desire to address outstanding Second Amendment questions – enough to take a case but one vote short of the five needed to corral a majority. Many expected Associate Justice Amy Coney Barrett, seated last fall, to provide that fifth vote".

This is one of the problems with expecting courts to "fix" what the voters do. How many gun owners sit back and watch and still do not care? They keep telling themselves "does not effect me, so I don't care". Until some new rule finally does hit them, then they get over the top angry and look to blame everyone but the person in the mirror who did nothing. :s0092:

They don't need Roberts. The 5 "conservative" judges can request to take the case on by having a majority vote.
Correct... It's not like the Chief Justice is solely responsible for deciding what cases the Supreme Court reviews. My understanding is that it only requires four of the nine justices agreeing to review a case from a lower court for it to be heard by the full Supreme Court.

It really doesn't make a difference, for example, if the supreme court ruled "people don't have a right to own guns," would patriotic Americans say, "oh ok." I know I wouldn't.

The more laws there are, the more likely they will be ignored.

They don't need Roberts. The 5 "conservative" judges can request to take the case on by having a majority vote.

"Several of the court's conservatives signaled in recent years that they were interested in revisiting the issue, and it's not clear why they chose not to do so. Four conservative justices have expressed a desire to address outstanding Second Amendment questions – enough to take a case but one vote short of the five needed to corral a majority. Many expected Associate Justice Amy Coney Barrett, seated last fall, to provide that fifth vote".

The sad part is... only four justices (not five) are required to vote in favor for hearing a case.... so do the math.

The voters or the SCOTUS?

And what does Catholic obeisance got to do with the price of ammo in China???
They have ammo in CHINA?!?. THAT explains why I keep seeing ads in broken english with Chinese domains selling ammo super cheap for only generic gift cards! Gotta get me some of that Norinco Plinko! Maybe some of them insta-gat devices they say are "perfected legal for to pwn".
:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads