JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Doesn't that simply mean to use in defense or offense purposes i.e. on any living creature.. Rather than mere documented, stamped possession as listed by the OP?

I was also under the impression that any NFA items were not to be used in self defense.. admittedly its something I recall hearing/reading but Ive never cited any of the law for it so of course I could be wildly mistaken.
Its a legal firearm. Why would I not use it for defense? :confused:
Now if someone has NFA items they have not papered? Sure would not want to use them. Also some may not want to do it since there is a good chance its going to get taken into evidence and be gone a good while but, When I had a pistol with a brace on it the main point was for defense. It was a hell of a lot of fun but, it was a go to for defense. If I ever SBR one it would be the same thing. It would be ideal for defense use.

Now if someone has NFA items they have not papered? Sure would not want to use them. Also some may not want to do it since there is a good chance its going to get taken into evidence and be gone a good while but, When I had a pistol with a brace on it the main point was for defense. It was a hell of a lot of fun but, it was a go to for defense. If I ever SBR one it would be the same thing. It would be ideal for defense use.
We've had a few instances on our rural property where I didn't really know what I might be getting myself into. I took my braced pistol every time. I spose I'll be taking "advantage" of the free tax stamp and it will be an SBR. I would not hesitate to take it then, either.

This thread has a ton of mental masturbation occurring.

Suppressors are legal in OR.

And when asked, say it's a pipe for smoking pot. They will give you a pass, since pot is legal in OR too. (Though not federally, try to figure out that conundrum)

This thread has a ton of mental masturbation occurring.

Suppressors are legal in OR.

And when asked, say it's a pipe for smoking pot. They will give you a pass, since pot is legal in OR too. (Though not federally, try to figure out that conundrum)
There is a certain number of people who will argue if you tell them the sun will rise in the morning. This is a great example. One thing quite clear in the NFA rules is if the state you reside in does not allow what you are trying to buy you will not get the stamp.

Oh I'm not making a statement on it, Im just saying I thought I heard/read somewhere that personal self defense use wasn't allowed with NFA items. I should probably look it up, but you're 100% right.. NFA items are simply firearms.. we should certainly be able to use them recreationally or for self defense.

This thread reminds me of a running conversation I had with an old friend who was a 70's era stoner hippie.
He claimed there was no gravity in outer space, no matter how I tried to explain basic physics to him.

This thread reminds me of a running conversation I had with an old friend who was a 70's era stoner hippie.
He claimed there was no gravity in outer space, no matter how I tried to explain basic physics to him.
You know that we never went to the moon, right? It was a staged set in a warehouse.

You dont have to keep your paperwork with you.

Any prosecution you logically think will occur will fall apart the second that paper does appear. Its a non issue.

That doesn't seem to mean "retain on your person at all times" and is applicable only to ATF officers, but also don't trust the form for comprehensive legal advice.
I guess you could always invite them back to the house to show them your papers. The farther they stay away, the better

IANAL - but on the advice of lawyers I've spoken to: think twice about storing documents on your phone. Give LEO no reason or excuse to be on your phone.

Everything on that phone is protected…until you hand it over to show the photo of your NFA stamp…at which point it's no different than allowing the search of your car in a traffic stop.

Just my 2c.
True, My hope is that most people don't have stuff on their phones that would get them convicted of anything if throughly searched by the police or not. If you're a criminal with evidence of crimes on your phone, definitely do not open it to show law enforcement your NFA tax stamps. 🙄

OSP has wandered past me onto the range to set up, barely glancing at my NFA toys, and not caring that they didn't even give me time to clear my weapons. Never thought LEOs wouldn't care that there was an armed Civi standing behind them. I'm very particular who's armed behind me.

NO ONE HAS EVER ASKED TO SEE MY PAPERS. Once you start talking Form1s and Form4s, eyes glass over anyways.
^^^Same.

ARPC is frequently hosting LE training for OSP, County, & City. Those guys have never said anything to me. They keep to themselves, which is just fine. They are not there to arrest people. They are there to train.

Outside of the range, there is never any situation where LEOs can see my firearms. Out of sight out of mind.

True, My hope is that most people don't have stuff on their phones that would get them convicted of anything if throughly searched by the police or not. If you're a criminal with evidence of crimes on your phone, definitely do not open it to show law enforcement your NFA tax stamps. 🙄
All they'd find on my phone is a few thousand gun pics and 3 or 4 of my kids.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top