JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my FFL mailed all my forms out a week ago. Only way I can figure out that paperwork actually made it there is for BATFE to cash my check. How long to cash the check? Is there another way to confirm delivery of paperwork?

I know I've got a long, long, long wait for the fun part but I'll rest lots easier knowing for sure that the process is actually started.

Thanks

John G.

If you have the Serial#,You can call and ask what the Status is.
Do everyone a favor,Don't call 4-5 times a week.
Just wait a month then call once every 2-3 months.
They are seriously behind do to a shortage of employee's at NFA branch.
The more time on the phone,The less time doing everyone's paperwork.

Dealer to Dealer has been running us 2-5 months.

They did change it up again so you aren't stuck with Sandra Snook , AKA. I'm doing my nail's.

Now all forms are going to whoever gets them first. ( WAY Faster)
That means the fast processors get more done. And the slow arse don't give a damn's don't.

= You aren't waiting on your assigned possessor to finish her nail's.

They stated they have a backlog of over 60k+ forms:(

(NFA) Branch. 244 Needy Road Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405 USA
(304) 616-4500

Welcome to the retard club of NFA fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you buy something every nine months then when you send in the tax form, something will be always be waiting for you to pick up.

Last Edited:
From check cash to stamp approval was 3.5 months for the cans I got back @ the beginning of the year. Was about 2 weeks on both sides of buffer for submit/cash/receive/pickup.

4 months and my checks are still not cash. I still dont have time to call because I still dont have the time to shoot it. There are a punch of firearms in my safe that waiting for me just to do functional test :-( So the suppressors can wait too :)

If you have the Serial#,You can call and ask what the Status is.
Do everyone a favor,Don't call 4-5 times a week.

(NFA) Branch. 244 Needy Road Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405 USA
(304) 616-4500

Welcome to the retard club of NFA fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for info!
I'm planning on being very patient on this item... AS SOON AS I'M SURE that they got the paperwork in their hands......... I've got some training to concentrate on for a climb in May and maybe the Long Range Shoot @ DRRC in March to keep me busy.

Thanks Again to everyone who's chimed in. Maybe when I get confirmation and I get bored I'll start one of those prize contests to see who comes closest to a Tax Stamp Date :rolleyes:

I sent a check in 2 weeks ago and they already cashed it.

Bad part is it only took 7 months to get a refund when a eform went wrong last year.

So I don't know if anybody else had this happen, but I had 2 supressors waiting for stamps and I called on one and it took 6 weeks longer to get approved than the one that I didn't call on

:oops:If you do not get the check cashed in a week I would maybe call your dealer.

I called on one that was 3 months into a eform and ATF told me they had no records on it:eek: that made me check on another and at least it was in the system. Needless to say I am still waiting on it as eforms went away and now back to paper:rolleyes:

So I don't know if anybody else had this happen, but I had 2 supressors waiting for stamps and I called on one and it took 6 weeks longer to get approved than the one that I didn't call on

I had the same thing happen. Wait, wait, wait some more, then I finally I couldn't take it anymore and called and sure enough, they showed up in my mail a week later.

I thought that if you called too early it would be like that Seinfeld episode with the soup Nazi yelling over the phone "No Suppressors For You"

Just got my 3 suppressors today. Check was cashed within 5 days after they received it ( sent it certified w/return receipt). Then it took 4.5 months to get my approval (today)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top