JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you already own it? If so, all you have to do is send the ATF a letter, there is no cost involved.

If you are purchasing from a person in Arizona (that is already on a Form 4), it gets pretty expensive. They have to do a Form 4 transfer to your dealer ($200 & 6 mo), then YOU have to do the same from your dealer. Total would be $400 & about a year.

Define move?

You already own it? If so bring it with you. ATF requests you send them an updated address but you don't have to.

If it is coming form a dealer then it needs to be transferred like normal.

IF it is coming from another private individual it will be as described above.

Nwcid is right: There is no legal requirement to notify the ATF on suppressors. All other class 3 things do however.

Be VERRY careful driving through California, as it seems that suppressors are illegal there. You can ship it to yourself I believe, or you can fly with it the same way you would with firearms. Don't drive through Cali on the way though.

Nwcid is right: There is no legal requirement to notify the ATF on suppressors. All other class 3 things do however.
Not quite. You do not need a <broken link removed> for ANY intrastate transport of any NFA item. For any NFA item other then Silencer and AOW you have to fill out a 5320-20 for interstate transport. If you are moving intrastate with any NFA item or interstate with Silencer or AOW the ATF requests you to submit a 5320-20.

Be VERRY careful driving through California, as it seems that suppressors are illegal there. You can ship it to yourself I believe, or you can fly with it the same way you would with firearms. Don't drive through Cali on the way though.

Silencers are only legal for "agencies" in CA. Yes it is best to avoid states where you items are not allow. In theory the 1986 FOPA should protect you but I would not bet on it 100% if it can be avoided.

Not quite. You do not need a <broken link removed> for ANY intrastate transport of any NFA item. For any NFA item other then Silencer and AOW you have to fill out a 5320-20 for interstate transport. If you are moving intrastate with any NFA item or interstate with Silencer or AOW the ATF requests you to submit a 5320-20.

Silencers are only legal for "agencies" in CA. Yes it is best to avoid states where you items are not allow. In theory the 1986 FOPA should protect you but I would not bet on it 100% if it can be avoided.

Ah, forgot about AOW.

FOPA has been read to prevent you from being able to stop for gas/food/the night in a prohibited state by a number of police forces. If driving, avoid CA.

Not to split hairs, but you said "intrastate" transport when I think you meant "interstate". I just wanted to point that out in case someone reads that and runs with it. Words mean THINGS concerning NFA items.

Intrastate- destination remains within the State of origin.

Interstate- destination is across State lines into another State from the State of origin.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top