Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Suppressor ready 10/22 - SOLD SOLD SOLD

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by jasonk, Apr 24, 2011.

1. jasonk

jasonk Vancouver area Member

I put this together and haven't shot it, I've got about $700 into the package but I've lost interest and want a few new toys.

10/22 Action - I've got at least a 10 rd and 25 rd mag to go with it.
    Nordic Components Chassis - Bought used, a couple small marks but overall good shape
    TacSol SBX barrel w/ shroud - Makes it about 17" barrel with a suppressor screwed on!!
    NC Star Optic - Needs battery, but it works amazingly well for the $65 they sell for
    Ace Stock - Green Frame

Fun little lightweight 10/22 that's handy to shoot suppressed and doesn't require a $200 SBR registration thanks to the shroud AND it's legal in WA state.

FTF in Vancouver to a WA resident or if you're an OR resident I will meet you at a Portland area FFL for them to transfer to you (you pay the ffl fees). For mailing in the state of WA add $20.

Cost of rifle/mags - $550 obo - RIFLE IS SOLD!!
    Will trade for Gen 4 Glock 19

soft case is not included
    1613qw.jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. theduke

theduke NW Member

So the Shroud is pinned/welded or ?? BBL length as it sits is ?

3. SDR

SDR Clackamas County, Oregon Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

TacSol SBX barrel w/ shroud - Makes it about 17" barrel with a suppressor screwed on!!

4. theduke

theduke NW Member

My point exactly. What is the Length with it UN-Screwed?? SBR or Not?

5. 68w

68w Bonney Lake Active Member

Can you just unscrew the shroud by hand or is it pinned welded on permanantly?

6. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

The shrouds are permanently mounted to get around the SBR laws, otherwise there is no reason to have it there.

7. KalamaMark

KalamaMark Kalama Wa Well-Known Member

I still don't get how you could attach a suppressor without removing the shroud. If you can remove the shroud, then it would be a sbr, no?

8. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

The shroud is shorter than the suppressor. Screw it on from the end and you are good to go.

9. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

The concept is not that hard, X-Ring 10/22® .22LR SB-X Barrel

The point of this barrel is to be rifle length without adding extra length with a muzzle mounted suppressor.

10. jasonk

Thanks for everyone trying to help and thanks for the link Nwcid, I thought more people knew of the SBX.

No, it's for sure not an SBR, the shroud is permanently attached and makes the barrel just over 16". Then, your suppressor drops into the shroud area and screws on the end of the barrel (1/2x28 threads) and sticks just past the end of the shroud allowing you to hand tighten and then have a barrel AND suppressor that is just about 17" and legal without the SBR hassles. PLUS the short barrel keeps most std velocity 22lr ammo subsonic :) Yeah! Good fun!!

And as the link shows.....the barrel alone is $305!!

11. Rude

Rude End of a gravel road Member

Pm'd ya

12. beltloop

beltloop nebr New Member

13. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

You mean this info right from the site that makes the barrels that is linked above?

Caliber: .22LR
    Weight: 14.3oz
    Length: 16.5” (12.25” Bore Length)
    Diameter: .920”
    Material: Machined 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum
    Features: 1 in 16” Twist Chrome Moly Oversized Shank for Custom Fit Threaded ½ x 28 TPI Permanently Attached Shroud Will house up to a 1” diameter suppressor 11° Target Crown

Besides that does anyone make a .22 can with a diameter smaller then 1"? Would seem silly for a company to make a barrel specifically for an application where the standard size silencer is 1" and then make a shroud to small to work............

14. beltloop

beltloop nebr New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd certainly like to see the 1" fit into .920..... I think this is mis-leading "UP TO" :eek:) All funn'n aside that is a neat set-up....

15. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

0.920" is the barrel diameter not the shroud inside diameter

You can clearly see in the pic that the shroud diameter is quite a bit larger than the barrel diameter.

16. beltloop

beltloop nebr New Member

Bingo, my light finally got turned on.......

17. jasonk

Alright, thanks again to those that helped, I even took a measurement last night with some calipers. The opening is 1.1" so there's lots of room.

Dropping the price to $520 in the local area or will ship to an FFL anywhere in US for the $550.

And a picture, for those who still don't know what we were trying to explain!! :) SWR Spectre shown....but not included.

e653xz.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.