JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you have a link to the trust document? I saw the other thread with the trust documents but there seems to be quite a bit of confusion about which documents are the right ones.

Type in "Revocable Living Trust" it's a sticky by a member called "Iansstud".
Click on the large red letters saying this >>> "Revocable Living Trust Doc".
Make sure you change the dates and state.
Also make sure you have a witness to go along with you. Get it notarized. Make a couple of quality copies.

Go to a dealer of suppressors and pay for your new toy.
If they have it in stock, so much the better.
If they have to order it, be prepared to wait while the BATF takes their sweet time transferring the form 4 from the manufacturer to the dealer.

Tell them the name of your family trust when you buy the item I.E. (Smith Family Gun Trust)
The dealer will type up the form 4 with the trust name on it.
They will give you a serial # and make/model, you enter that info on the schedule "A" list.
You send the BATF the signed form 4's, a copy of your trust and a check for $200.00 per item being transferred.

It's really simple once you have gone through the process. The dealer will help you if you have questions.
My advise is to get em now, because the way this country is headed, it may be very difficult or impossible to purchase later on.

I am involved in a late friends estate that involved two machine guns and a suppressor.
The 79 year old widow didn't want to deal with the form 4's and five years later she has had to hire a lawyer and open a probate to declare her the intended owner of the form 4 items.
So far she has spent over $6,000.00 in legal fees trying to unravel her mistake, and it's still not resolved.

+1 on the liberty mystic, you can use it on 9mm and .223 with a 16" barrel or longer.

i form 4'd a mystic and a torch last week, got the torch for my .223 SBR because the mystic is not rated for .223 SBR use.

So how does it work? Say I find a suppressor i want for 800, then the tax stamp is 200. Do i pay 1000 up front and wait for the 6+ months for the approval?

You can buy something a dealer already has on the shelf or you can buy direct from a manufacturer.

In either case you pay for the suppressor and then start the paperwork. Your Class III dealer will help you through the paperwork but it's not that hard. You need to get two passport photos and two fingerprint cards, the dealer will be able to point you at a local passport place where you can get both done. You will have to get the CLEO signature on the form which in Linn county is the Sheriff. Then you send it in via certified mail and wait.

At present I am told that the wait is 10-11 months and the end of that time your dealer will get one of your forms back with an approval and an actual Lick-em and Stick-em stamp for $200. You go back to your dealer and pay him his fee which is typically $75-$100 for the transfer. Then you can take it home and play.

If you buy from an out of state manufacturer (as i did) you will add an additional time of 2-3 months to get the thing made and then an BATFE transfer from them to your dealer. Your dealer will most likely not start the paperwork until they have the item in house.

By the time I get my ThunderBeast (any week now) it will be nearly a year from the start of the process last November.

In addition to the cost of the actual suppressor I will pay the following:
$50 for transfer and shipping to in-state dealer
$30 for fingerprints and photos
$30 for Clackamas County Sheriff's signature (really?)
$200 for tax stamp
$13 Postage
$75 dealer fee

Hope this helps. While it may seem like a daunting process, it is worth the torture of waiting.

That made me so mad I couldn't see straight for a few hours. I am a few months away from turning 21 and I had so many plans for trusts.

Well, hopefully you weren't one of the young Americans taken in by is propaganda machine. If you we're and voted for him now you know why the opposition on the right opposed him. People should call him Obama, on the fact as a young state Senator for Illinois he co-sponsored a Stand your ground bill in the Illinois state house that passed with expanded coverage and immunity from civil suits. It passed unanimously! 116 for Iirc and 2 absent. I guess he changed his mind....again.

Brutus out

So Iv been tossing around the thought of purchasing a suppressor. I own a 9mm and also a Ar 15, but im not entirely sure which one would get to most sound benefit from a suppressor. I cant say Iv shot either caliber with a suppressor on it, so I don't know the kind of Difference id be getting.

For me, it would come down to which I'd be planning on using in case of a bump in the middle of the night scenario. I don't want to blow my eardrums and disorient myself any more than I'd have to inside.

In my case, that's a handgun.

If you have a handy carbine or SBR setup, it may likely be your AR.

Suppressors are fairly addictive. I suggest just getting a dedicated can per caliber. Chances are you'll be getting more suppressors down the road anyways.

First suppressor should be a .22lr, I get more enjoyment out of it then anything else.

Next I bought a .45acp Silencerco Osprey that can be used on my .45 and 9mm, but if I could do it again I would get a .308 suppressor to run on my rifles.

Can't really remember the last time I took the .45 can out and really enjoyed it. But every time I shoot an AR15 or my .243 I wish I had a suppressor for them.:s0155:

It hasn't even made it to the 90 day comment period.

Even if it goes through there are still advantages to using a trust.

Can you elaborate a little on these advantages? Other than the the benefits of passing them down in the family. To me, I was thinking of the trust route, just to save on the steps to be taken, and the fact that I can make the trust once, and buy over and over without having to go through fingerprint cards and signatures multiple times, but if they add this to the trust too, then that benefit would be void, or is there something else?

I will second the thought to buy a 45 acp and a 308 suppressor. The 45 acp suppressor can be used on anything 45 cal and below (to include 9mm obviously). The 308 suppressor can be used on 308 and below. Also get a dedicated 22lr can that can be taken apart for cleaning because you don't want to shoot 22lr through your other cans which don't come apart.

Type in "Revocable Living Trust" it's a sticky by a member called "Iansstud".
Click on the large red letters saying this >>> "Revocable Living Trust Doc".
Make sure you change the dates and state.
Also make sure you have a witness to go along with you. Get it notarized. Make a couple of quality copies.

Go to a dealer of suppressors and pay for your new toy.
If they have it in stock, so much the better.
If they have to order it, be prepared to wait while the BATF takes their sweet time transferring the form 4 from the manufacturer to the dealer.

Tell them the name of your family trust when you buy the item I.E. (Smith Family Gun Trust)
The dealer will type up the form 4 with the trust name on it.
They will give you a serial # and make/model, you enter that info on the schedule "A" list.
You send the BATF the signed form 4's, a copy of your trust and a check for $200.00 per item being transferred.

It's really simple once you have gone through the process. The dealer will help you if you have questions.
My advise is to get em now, because the way this country is headed, it may be very difficult or impossible to purchase later on.

I am involved in a late friends estate that involved two machine guns and a suppressor.
The 79 year old widow didn't want to deal with the form 4's and five years later she has had to hire a lawyer and open a probate to declare her the intended owner of the form 4 items.
So far she has spent over $6,000.00 in legal fees trying to unravel her mistake, and it's still not resolved.

OK, this is probably a newbie question, but wasn't there also a certification of citizenship form 5330.20? where does it come in?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top