JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been putting off getting a can for a while because I don't know how quite they are. Anyone with a 22 can have suggestions or experience to sway me one way or another?
I wish you could rent or try it before you bought it. YouTube videos are neat but I don't feel they give a accurate example because the way a camera picks up sound

I shot a 6.8spc with a can without gearing protection, and it wasn't too loud. I think with a long shooting session I would want one just to preserve my hearing, but it was pretty quiet.

What are you trying to suppress? If it's a 22lr, then it'll be pretty quiet.

Baker,
Consider attending this :https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/5th-annual-krrc-silencer-shoot.187675/

There won't likely be many suppressed .22LRs, but it will give you an idea of other calibers sound like.

Also here is a link the silencerco website where they list the ave dB of their suppressors : <broken link removed>

They say about 113 for .22LR

Here is also a link to about what dB ranges equate to
<broken link removed>

Also remember dB is also a logarithmic unit.

shooting supersonics without hearing protection is unwise. the supersonic crack of a bullet alone is near 140db. not hearing safe.

just because your ears "don't ring" doesn't mean permanent damage is not occurring. on the other hand, ringing ears is confirmation permanent damage has occurred. hearing damage is cumulative and permanent. it cannot be reversed.

the only thing i consider truly hearing safe is suppressed subsonic 22lr.

the aac element 2 is an excellent 22lr can, one of the few with zero FRP.

Baker,
Consider attending this :https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/5th-annual-krrc-silencer-shoot.187675/

There won't likely be many suppressed .22LRs, but it will give you an idea of other calibers sound like.

Also here is a link the silencerco website where they list the ave dB of their suppressors : <broken link removed>

They say about 113 for .22LR

Here is also a link to about what dB ranges equate to
<broken link removed>

Also remember dB is also a logarithmic unit.

That's sounds like fun, thanks for the info. I figured id start with a 22 can and like most other things ill go off the deep end and end up with several calibers

I would like to see a copy of this.

10995903_789136227845079_8485706788256156168_o.jpg

Lots of info here: http://www.silencerresearch.com/ but it takes a membership to get to the good stuff.

I researched a LOT before buying a Liberty Kodiak TL. Shooting it alongside other brands, I have
no regrets about buying it. First round pop is quieter, and it doesn't gunk up the gun as bad as
most. On a Savage FV-SR with Aquila sub-sonic it is crazy quiet.

shooting supersonics without hearing protection is unwise. the supersonic crack of a bullet alone is near 140db. not hearing safe.

just because your ears "don't ring" doesn't mean permanent damage is not occurring. on the other hand, ringing ears is confirmation permanent damage has occurred. hearing damage is cumulative and permanent. it cannot be reversed.

the only thing i consider truly hearing safe is suppressed subsonic 22lr.

the aac element 2 is an excellent 22lr can, one of the few with zero FRP.
A friend has a few suppressors. We shoot the 22s without protection and they are very quiet.
He has a couple 300BK with 220gr subs sonics and they are as quiet as the 22lr subs
The supersonic round's report is heard down range more than at the muzzle,but I still like to have ears on for this

where did you find that?
Smith Enterprise posted it on their FB page.

"We were formally invited by Marine Corps Systems Command to attend this meeting at SHOT show to get information on the new standards for sound suppression. We are now following all protocol to assure that our testing of our Windtalker suppressors is up to NATO standards"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top