JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"...So, I don't quite know what to say to people who react explosively in the face of objective truths, attacking the person who delivers the information. But what's clear is that we now live in a world where differences of opinion lead to fights rather than conversations...."

Sad commentary, but it seems this is where we are today.

I did not like Obama, did not vote for him or Clinton or Trump or McCain or Bush.

I vote for the person I actually want in the WH and this year it was Johnson. No party and candidate is more behind freedom and gun rights than the Libertarian Party.

And before someone talks about 'wasted votes' - as I have said every time this comes up, each of the left coast states (CA, OR & WA) always vote for the democratic POTUS candidate, and each of those states (and most of the US) has winner take all with regards to the electoral college. So voting for Trump in Oregon, WA or Calif. was a wasted vote because of that fact. At least a vote for the LP candidate got them on the list for matching federal funds in coming elections and it got them noticed - imagine what would have happened if every Trump voter voted for the LP instead?

At least Obama was not certifiable.

But Clinton would have appointed another "Constitution is a living breathing document, subject to constant reinterpretation" type, and we would be effed for decades.

Hey, but since Trump is annoying and abrasive, I guess that would be ok.o_O
She would not only have only put another super left on SCOTUS, she would do the same to EVERY Fed. bench opening. The GOP would have just gone along and let her. Pack enough courts with these types and it will no longer matter what laws are passed. Many left judges could care less what ANY law says. They just make up their own. Many seem to not really want to see that this is the worst part of having D's in power. People can get mad a vote some out. Judges are there for good and take decades to replace. Many of them just write law from the bench now. Pack the last court with them and laws become toilet paper.

It is probable that the suppressor bill and the national carry bill are in the same boat. Not enough votes for them to pass. Hopefully the supporters/sponsors can muster up the needed votes for them to pass. If they can't, I don't see the bills being brought to the floor for a vote.

I don't think it is a matter of votes, I think it is a matter of priorities. They want to get tax reform passed now that they have given up on the ACA and they don't want any distractions from that. They want to fight one battle at a time.

By the time the tax battle is over, they won't have time or the inclination to fight on the HPA and it will die in committee.

I don't think it is a matter of votes, I think it is a matter of priorities. They want to fight one battle at a time.

Probably true, unfortunately. For all their self-proclaimed political acumen, the Republicans seemingly can't do two things at one time.

One of the differences between a banana republic and a great power is the latter can handle more than one battle at a time. And with a simultaneous coordinated attack from every quarter, the weaker side is picked off, out-flanked and/or overwhelmed.

They wont even propose minor tax reform while in control of the entire government. These chicken bubblegum RINO's wouldn't touch anything to do with guns with a 10 foot pole. The way they have been going, the only thing you can do is attend your state convention and raise hell. A primary challenge might scare them and fear seems to be the only thing motivating the Republicans these days.

Ready thru just this one thread its painfully obvious this forum resides in a liberal filled area. Its creeping into peoples minds who cannot even tell. Really bad. California really does infect this country slowly but surely.

It's got nothing to do with "liberalism," but they love that people buy into that because it keeps us at each other's throats while they bubblegum us with a ten foot pole.

They're not going to pass any tax reform that has a meaningful impact on anyone, that wouldn't benefit them or their puppet masters. They're going to argue about it for awhile, get nothing done, each side will blame the other, and all of us idiots will believe that the other side is at fault while they all laugh with each other on the way to the bank.

We have to get away from the conservative/liberal bullbubblegum. The intolerance is astounding, and not helping anyone.

Legislation can get passed by the House. Trump, despite all his, eh-hem, issues will most likely sign pro-RKBA bills; if for no other reasons to make good on campaign promises and, perhaps, change the news cycle narrative for a short while. Where we are getting hosed, and likely will prevent any meaningful legislation from passing, is the Senate. At this juncture, I'm not sure they could pass gas, let alone legislation anyone gives a damn about.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top