JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eh, I'm really bad about cleaning guns now. The various silencers? I think I've only thoroughly cleaned a .22 one once it was thoroughly funked and per the manufacturer's directions. There's a centerfire pistol can I've never cleaned that is well beyond the recommend round count, its on my list to do, but ... honk-honk. The rifle type, meh, who cares. Thought there is a big bore can on its way after Los Federales approve said, so maybe that one will need maintenance. Or not. I just lost my train of thought again. :p

I've cleaned my YHM once. Used mineral spirits. Apparently minerals spirits remove ALL the oils from the metal. Including the natural oils. From MY understanding of it, you have to heat up the metal and "re-coat" it in oil. Im bubblegumfaced though so what do I know. Thats all. :s0033:

Some cans can not be disassembled they are welded together. What's the procedure for those ?
Submerge them in solvents and blow them out as best you can! Some will drain easier then others, and depending on what you clean them with, will dry out after a few rounds are fired through them! Obviously, you don't want to use anything flammable unless it's had several days drying time!

Put them in a bowl of white rice? Works for cell phones that fell in the can. I bet an Ultra sonic cleaner filled with white vinegar would be best to clean them as the micro vib.s would work the crud out.

I got it figured out. 3 hours in the wet tumbler then scrape. Do this procedure 5 times for a total of 15-20 hours in the tumbler with steel pins and scraping/picking between tumbles.

18048B17-5D15-4825-A72F-30CE2B395FB5.jpeg

22 /9/45/223 cans that have titanium or steel baffles get soaked in this. Comes out looking new after about an hour. Minimal to no scrubbing. Not recommendEd for use with aluminum. Also, it will strip off cerakote. If you are worried about the appearance of your suppressor, you ain't doing it right.
1616612912819.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads