JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm looking at Armageddon for one because I'm almost guaranteed to grab it while hot at some point and figure it'll save me that embarrassment.

Why yes, I've also grabbed a steel skillet 10 minutes after I've taken it from the oven, too. My subconscious just has no respect for my palms.

I'm looking at Armageddon for one because I'm almost guaranteed to grab it while hot at some point and figure it'll save me that embarrassment.

Why yes, I've also grabbed a steel skillet 10 minutes after I've taken it from the oven, too. My subconscious just has no respect for my palms.
Yeah, cast iron skillet burns on right hand.
Ak gas block burns on the left .

Never dropped either, but I still haven't learned.

Had a silencerco heavy duty or whatever it was called. Trigger was acting up so was trying to figure out why it was sticking and almost acting like binary. 30 relatively quick rounds and that thing was melting to the suppressor and smoking like crazy. Cut it off with my knife while still hot hoping it wouldn't stick. Outside was fine but rubber part definitely melted. Anyone know of a legit product? Love being able to set down hot suppressors without worrying but that seemed like a waste of money. The one on my mp5 seems to do ok tho even rapid firing 30 rounds

Bowers supcov is the only one that won't eventually melt. I've got coletacs that sit in a box because any sort of rapid fire will cause a gradual simmer without sufficient cool downs.

Last Edited:
Congrats on the new can. Rugged makes great stuff.

The worst is when you have the rifle in a sling and it touches a leg or similar. I've melted shorts before. Funny looking scar on my inner left thigh. Yet I still don't own anything to cover any of mine. That might change later.

Got the call today my suppressor is ready to be picked up, just shy of 6 months. Went with a rugged radiant looking for suggestions on a cover. Is it a necessity?
semi auto fire probably, I don't own one, but keep thinking I should. (I have a few burn scars from them) I am most of the time using suppressors on single shot break actions these days. Totally unnecessary on those. Oven mitts are awesome for dealing with hot suppressors though. Plus there is just something funny about a badass rifle and an oven mitt

I have no direct experience with them, but I've been told if you need to have one, the cloth type wraps are much better than the silicone. Reason being, the silicone ones can create condensation between metal and the silicone which tends to rust over time. The cloth ones will at least breathe.

I have no direct experience with them, but I've been told if you need to have one, the cloth type wraps are much better than the silicone. Reason being, the silicone ones can create condensation between metal and the silicone which tends to rust over time. The cloth ones will at least breathe.

Bowers supcov has "ridges" that allows air to pass between.

These are good and available for any size:

Throw a Hot Glove in your bag. Not pretty but very effective. I have found suppressor covers to be expensive esp if you buy one for each can. My 2 cents

1619104668579.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads