JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From my research it looks like barrel threading and barrel shoulder are the main culprits.
I sent these pictures from this post to silencer co (manufacturer of the rod i used) and they said I'm over thinking it. They said as long as I am not touching or drastically close to touching the end cap then I'm good to go.

I think I'm just gonna send it. Will update after my range trip ;)

41EZLB3rclL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Recently picked up a new rifle with a factory threaded barrel. Threaded on a suppressor and visually sighted down the bore from the breech end with the bolt removed. Not noting any issues, I took it to the range and tried it out. Was on paper at 25 and 50 yards without the suppressor. However, once threading it on, was WAY low. Never experienced POI shift like this before.

Located some rod stock slightly smaller diameter than the bore to check suppressor alignment. Figured out why it was shooting so low.

35CBF4A3-6E35-4EB3-9614-9EBB5C070522.jpeg EFA721DC-A409-4FA5-A640-FDC95C2231B8.jpeg 42360FAC-3D83-4097-96AC-54D30FCC39CF.jpeg
Sent the rifle back to the manufacturer. It came back with a new barrel. Much better alignment/concentricity, but still a little POI shift. Probably manageable for the application and distance I will be shooting this gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top