Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

??? Suppressor 17 hmr

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by GUNNY, Apr 20, 2010.

1. GUNNY

GUNNY DAMASCUS OREGON Member

I WANT TO PUT A SUPPRESSOR ON MY 17 HMR BUT I WANT TO KNOW, IF AN AR can would lower the decible's, i dont want a .22 can, i want something more versitile,the way i figure, i can run it on my AR, .22, 17 hmr. any info would be apreciated.

2. Pnutz

Pnutz BEaverton Member

You could use a 5.56 suppressor on a 17HMR and it would lower the DB's but you still have that little bullet traveling at ~2500fps breaking the sound barier. If your looking for a good all around rifle can I would get something in 30cal that way it will work with anything .308 and smaller.

SKR Mfg LLC
    FFL 07 / SOT2

3. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

I am actually building a 17HMR can right now. It is a 5.56 / .22 can. If you want to try it out in a week or two you would be more then welcome.

4. GUNNY

That would be great, we should plan a shooting trip, when it's done.

(people sleep peacfully in there bed's at night, only cause rough men, stand ready to do violence, on there behalf. G.o

5. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

I have a Specter due in shortly. It is rated from .17 HMR2 through .22 Mag and is very easy to clean. Cost is about $400. Just for info ...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  6. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

Had it done,

But I put it on the full auto 22 and had a baffle strike. So i have to remake the end cap. should be done this weekend.

7. GUNNY

sweeeeeet cant wait to see how it turns out.