JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey guys, I just finished assembling my first 10.5" 5.56 AR pistol. It is a palmetto state Armory upper and an aero precision m4e1 lower with a psa parts kit. I plan on suppressing it in the near future and want to know if there are any parts I should swap out before then. Adjustable gas block? Different buffer? The handgaurd will be replaced with a manticore arms 9" transformer rail to leave room for the suppressor. This will be my first suppressor so any advice will definitely help!

984C4843-CCBE-48BD-B1B8-F01B9B4730B5.jpeg

Might want to start by measuring the inner diameter of your rail and seeing if it will fit.

Shoot it without any changes first. If overgassed or whatnot after getting the can, then make changes.

If anything I'd at least put a proper H1 buffer in it as it likely has a traditional carbine buffer as is. 10.5" with carbine length systems is close to the MK18 the military uses and they all come equipped with H1s. Not that it is needed if your gun runs fine as is, just doesn't hurt. Slows things down a bit as is and makes it a little smoother.

If anything I'd at least put a proper H1 buffer in it as it likely has a traditional carbine buffer as is. 10.5" with carbine length systems is close to the MK18 the military uses and they all come equipped with H1s. Not that it is needed if your gun runs fine as is, just doesn't hurt. Slows things down a bit as is and makes it a little smoother.
Would I need to replace the buffer and spring on it or just the buffer?

I had a feeling I was going to need one to help keep her from throwing gas back in my face. Any recommendations on brands?
Superlative Arms has one of the best AGBs, as it can be set to restrict or bleed gas as desired.

I have a Sandman-S on a PSA 10.5" pistol, and haven't changed anything on it, even the buffer. Ejection went from 4:00 to 2:00, but otherwise runs smoothly. I only notice gas when using Wolf ammo, due to the smell. Otherwise, no issues at all.

Alright cool I've been looking at the Superlative Arms one for a little and hadn't decided if I needed it. I'm thinking that and the H1 buffer and I should be ready to rock.

Superlative Arms has one of the best AGBs, as it can be set to restrict or bleed gas as desired.

I have a Sandman-S on a PSA 10.5" pistol, and haven't changed anything on it, even the buffer. Ejection went from 4:00 to 2:00, but otherwise runs smoothly. I only notice gas when using Wolf ammo, due to the smell. Otherwise, no issues at all.
This +1.

Run it first as is gets my vote again.

Some guns just don't need messing with in my eyes.

I shoot a 10 inch barrel with a silencer and without anything fancy all the time. No problems. adjustable gas blocks only serve to relieve you of some of your ammo money.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top