JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious to get some input on anyone running a piston upper receiver on their AR15 suppressed.

My 11.5" and 16" direct impingement guns sound very nice.

Never heard a piston set up other than a suppressed AK. Which was pretty loud.

Thanks!

Reno

Interesting, I would have guessed di would be louder. Do you think it is louder mechanicals or a gas volume thing?

edit: I reread your post and now understand you are asking if it is so based off hearing a suppressed ak. Subscribed.. I do know an 11" di AR in 7.62x 39 shooting supers is hearing safe.

Last Edited:
Most of it is gas bleed off noise. My curiosity is if piston ARs are better at releasing excess gas than AKs.

You get something similar in DI, but the gas travels much further and cools buy the time it blows off through the carrier. In pistons, the gas is still very hot and pressurized as it bleeds off the piston.

Only subsonic is close to being hearing safe when fired through a suppressor... my gas piston AK, Daewoo AR and M14 rifles are pretty quiet suppressed but you will hear the gas system working when you normally would not when shooting without a suppressor. AK's seem to bleed gas from everywhere when suppressed, and mine had no problem cycling subsonic.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top