JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Suppressor Host?

• Colt 1911

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glock 17

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • HK 45

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Sig 220

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
I'm looking for a suppressor host, and I'm torn between sending my Colt back to Wilson Combat for a threaded barrel, suppressing the Glock 17 or picking up something different, maybe a Sig 220 or HK45.

Anybody that has suppressed the Glock, have you had any reliability issues?

I'd personally rather try and find a new gun with a threaded barrel, than buy a threaded barrel for a gun I already own. Gosh darn if I don't love a good reason to buy a new gun!

Last Edited:
I bought a Lone Wolf Arms threaded barrel for a Gen 3 Glock 17 and had no issues with it. Ran just fine.
I did add taller sights on it, even though I run a 45 Osprey suppressor which will work with the original sights, but just barely.

1911s are quieter. If going for the best sounding, I'd vote that one.

I bought a Lone Wolf Arms threaded barrel for a Gen 3 Glock 17 and had no issues with it. Ran just fine.
I did add taller sights on it, even though I run a 45 Osprey suppressor which will work with the original sights, but just barely.
Thanks! I'm looking at the Wilson Combat threaded Glock 17 barrel if I go that route.

I previously owned a Glock 34, and added a Silencerco threaded barrel. It worked fine.

A couple things to keep in mind from my experience, to get the maximum suppression benefit, you will want subsonic ammo. 45 ACP factory loadings, not a problem, with 9mm I use 147 grain for subsonic. 115 and 124 grain likely supersonic in the Glock from my experience. Also, keep in mind the sight height. By the time you buy a decent barrel, and taller sights, and potentially costs for a gunsmith to fit the parts (depending on your situation), you are approaching the cost of a suppressor host. I picked up a CZ P10c suppressor ready, and a Remington 1911 tactical, each with the taller sights and threaded barrels, new for fair prices with some careful shopping.

While I don't have equipment for testing sound, to my ear, the 9mm suppressed sounds quieter than the 45.

The HK 45 is appealing because it comes ready with a threaded barrel. The only downside is polymer, I'm a bit of a purist, something about cold steel.

Last Edited:
I also have an HK 45 Tactical and other then the reverse threads on the barrel which take some getting use to, it's by far the most reliable and accurate.

hk 45 with Osprey 003.JPG

I'm looking for a suppressor host, and I'm torn between sending my Colt back to Wilson Combat for a threaded barrel, suppressing the Glock 17 or picking up something different, maybe a Sig 220 or HK45.

Anybody that has suppressed the Glock, have you had any reliability issues?
Yes, many reliability issues with my Glocks. HK45 is exactly what I got to fix the problem, I bought a barrel from rim county mfg to avoid metric threading. Couldn't be happier.

If your HK45 or HK45C is factory threaded, you'll need the appropriate piston

If it's unthreaded, like mine, here is a direct link to the .578x28 barrel. They have the compact version, USP models and other thread patterns as well

This is the same barrel offered by HK parts, direct from the manufacturer. I spent quite a bit of time researching options when I was in your exact position

When I was buying all of my suppressors at Curt's Discount Shooting Supply, he was offering a free adapter with every can.
You had to really think about what adapter would crossover to other threaded barrels and not be a one off bastard like the HK metric threads.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top