JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Supporting Members, do you use bitcoin? If we accepted it, would you use it here?

• I use it, and I would use it here

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I use it, but I would not use it here

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I don't use it, but I plan on using it, and I would use it here

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I don't use it, and I don't plan on using it

Votes: 39 83.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How would you value bitcoin as far as donations? The value is so volatile, up and down dramatically at times. Not only that, but last I looked one BC is like $30k USD so a supporting membership would be what? Like 1/1000 BC? And how would NWFA be able to cash it out/actually use it?
There are platforms that allow you to easily convert any bitcoin received into dollars. So the volatility doesn't affect you. The downside with bitcoin is that sometimes it takes a while to confirm payment, and fees can be high if it's congested, but there are other coins that don't have these problems. I use coinbase and it is stupid easy, I can transfer money in seconds from by bank, and transfer back just as easily. Apparently they don't have any fees for merchant accounts.

Bitcoin is a royal pain in the bubblegum to deal with. And this is from someone who was interested early on. There's basically no good way to get USD in and out of BTC without turning over a bunch of private into to places like coinbase. Your transactions are all tracked, and can be tied to you at any time in the future if your key is linked to you. The network also doesn't scale, it cannot handle the real world requirements needed to exchange money. So no, I'm no longer using BTC and have no plans to ever again. You'd be better off accepting silver coins in the mail IMHO ;)

Sort of like learning a difficult obscure language, such as Tagalag or Esperanto, only to discover not only do few speak it, but that your basic comprehension is unreliable.

I would not use it but would not discourage NWFA from implementing it. I guess it is the way things are done these days but I am too much of a dinosaur. I use FTF greenbacks or USPS money order.

Bitcoin on the surface looks great. Keeps going up and makes some people very wealthy. Fact is it has no foundation. It is based on nothing. Even cash, which is going to crash, is based on interest. Bitcoin is another Ponzi that will one day fall to nothing. Those that are its proponents are already invested in it and are basically selling it so it will go up and they will make more. When it does crash the late comers are going to be left with nothing. Will it go up? Probably. Will it crash? Definitely. Do I know anything about economics? Nope. The guys that do are saying, "Beware"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top