JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Supporting Members, do you use bitcoin? If we accepted it, would you use it here?

• I use it, and I would use it here

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I use it, but I would not use it here

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I don't use it, but I plan on using it, and I would use it here

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I don't use it, and I don't plan on using it

Votes: 39 83.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've had a number of requests to accept Bitcoin (and other altcoins) over the years. This past month we've received several, all citing the anti-gun nature of most payment processors (such as PayPal and Stripe, both of which we rely on), and the possibility of them cancelling our accounts at any time. I've previously held off due to the costs associated with the integration, but I'm thinking it might be a good now, so long as it was actually used. I'm creating this feedback request to (hopefully) gauge whether it'd be used (and thus, worth the initial cost).

Please refrain from voting if you're not a Supporting Member / Vendor :s0155:

I've used BTC to make a little money and to buy a few things, mostly as a curiosity and tech experiment. Also DL'd the SDK for several CC but never did more than the equivalent of "Hello World" so far.

One of the 'experiments" I started was a rental for $15 a month (hosting service, very small) that I dropped $300 in BTC into a ledger slot to pay for. It's been a few years and I have more "money" than I started with, basically the BTC has grown faster than the rental has taken value out.

That's a little odd, but neat.

But it is very volatile from time to time.

How would you value bitcoin as far as donations? The value is so volatile, up and down dramatically at times. Not only that, but last I looked one BC is like $30k USD so a supporting membership would be what? Like 1/1000 BC? And how would NWFA be able to cash it out/actually use it?

How would you value bitcoin as far as donations? The value is so volatile, up and down dramatically at times. Not only that, but last I looked one BC is like $30k USD so a supporting membership would be what? Like 1/1000 BC? And how would NWFA be able to cash it out/actually use it?
The things I've 'bought' with bitcoin were priced in USD; the purchase was billed at the current exchange rate and any changes in value in the few minutes it took to consummate was just sucked up. Same way it goes if you buy goods from an online store that prices in foreign currency.

The Satoshi is a pretty fine grained unit of value.

That would be my question, how would NWFA make use of it? I just started using it and wouldn't mind using it here if it seemed a viable option for this site. Bitcoin and similar "coins" are a catch 22 I see the attraction for no tracking, no tax, or whatever other ideas prepper minded folks may have, but I also struggle to support it fully because I think its going to erase the American dollar... maybe I shouldn't start a controversial topic here....

It'll be whatever the rate is at the time. If NWFA holds onto it, they will benefit from it in the long run. Unless all the worlds computers blow up lol

Impressive as modern technology may be, does not automatically make it wise to embrace it. I have no dissent for bitcoins as long as it isn't shoved down my throat for acceptance and forced to use it. I am though, still a dissident over the loss of gold reserves backing out paper..

I've used BTC to make a little money and to buy a few things, mostly as a curiosity and tech experiment. Also DL'd the SDK for several CC but never did more than the equivalent of "Hello World" so far.

16801580.jpg

How about 'ammo' as an exchange medium? I still have 'currency' that I paid more for than what it is worth today. And I was the recipient of a very large amount of 'money' lost thanks to a supposed 'computer' glitch. Those who want to indulge in Bit Coin will not have to worry me jumping into the 'pool'

Too dependent upon the whims of our "Tech-Tyrants" and our morally superior "list makers", and those political activists that want control what is "acceptable" behavior ... (like us buying things or stating opinions, that they don't think we should be permitted to have)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top