JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The U.S. will close its borders to unvaccinated and partially vaccinated Canadian and Mexican truck drivers on Saturday, the Department of Homeland Security said on Thursday.

"These updated travel requirements reflect the Biden-Harris Administration's commitment to protecting public health while safely facilitating the cross-border trade and travel that is critical to our economy," Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in a statement.

trucker%20border.jpg

The restrictions, which apply to all foreign essential workers, had been expected since U.S. officials announced them in October. They follow a similar rule that took effect at the Canadian border last Saturday.

NEW: Beginning Saturday, January 22, DHS will require non-U.S. individuals seeking to enter the U.S, via land ports of entry and ferry terminals at the U.S.-Mexico and U.S.-Canada borders to be fully vaccinated for #COVID19 and provide related proof of vaccination.
— Homeland Security (@DHSgov) January 20, 2022
The border COVID-19 vaccine mandates are coming into force despite pushback from the truck industry. The impact will be felt most acutely for the U.S.-Canada freight market, where around 160,000 truckers regularly cross the border — 75% of whom are Canadian.

Already capacity has tightened significantly, with huge price increases in the spot market. It adds to existing pressures, including COVID-19 itself, which left many fleets operating below full strength.

"The supply chain is already fragile — so it puts all of us in a precarious situation," Dan Einwechter, CEO of Canadian trucking and logistics firm Challenger Motor Freight, told FreightWaves.

The Canadian Trucking Alliance and American Trucking Alliance have projected that 10%-15% of drivers may leave cross-border trucking as a result of the mandates, and exacerbate existing supply chain issues. On Monday, several dozen Canadian truckers protested near the U.S. border in Emerson, Manitoba.

The U.S. will close its borders to unvaccinated and partially vaccinated Canadian and Mexican truck drivers on Saturday, the Department of Homeland Security said on Thursday.

"These updated travel requirements reflect the Biden-Harris Administration's commitment to protecting public health while safely facilitating the cross-border trade and travel that is critical to our economy," Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in a statement.

View attachment 1113587

The restrictions, which apply to all foreign essential workers, had been expected since U.S. officials announced them in October. They follow a similar rule that took effect at the Canadian border last Saturday.

The border COVID-19 vaccine mandates are coming into force despite pushback from the truck industry. The impact will be felt most acutely for the U.S.-Canada freight market, where around 160,000 truckers regularly cross the border — 75% of whom are Canadian.

Already capacity has tightened significantly, with huge price increases in the spot market. It adds to existing pressures, including COVID-19 itself, which left many fleets operating below full strength.

"The supply chain is already fragile — so it puts all of us in a precarious situation," Dan Einwechter, CEO of Canadian trucking and logistics firm Challenger Motor Freight, told FreightWaves.

The Canadian Trucking Alliance and American Trucking Alliance have projected that 10%-15% of drivers may leave cross-border trucking as a result of the mandates, and exacerbate existing supply chain issues. On Monday, several dozen Canadian truckers protested near the U.S. border in Emerson, Manitoba.

Welp, if you haven't seen empty shelves yet, you soon will...

"The U.S. will close its borders to unvaccinated and partially vaccinated Canadian and Mexican truck drivers on Saturday, the Department of Homeland Security said on Thursday."

So they will create an economic crisis over Covid for legitimate/critical truck drivers, but won't bother securing the southern border, allowing Covid, Fentanyl, human trafficking and drugs to freely flow. Go figure.

"The U.S. will close its borders to unvaccinated and partially vaccinated Canadian and Mexican truck drivers on Saturday, the Department of Homeland Security said on Thursday."

So they will create an economic crisis over Covid for legitimate/critical truck drivers, but won't bother securing the southern border, allowing Covid, Fentanyl, human trafficking and drugs to freely flow. Go figure.
All part of the Great Reset to further destroy the Nation. The Elitist Class can't birth the NWO if America still lives...

Last Edited:
It's funny to hear all this stuff about Covid. "It's Covid! The truckers all have Covid! The warehouse people have Covid!"

Dude. On my jobsite of hundreds of men and women (probably over 300 each day) we have tons of people working who have Covid. I think the count last week was 15 guys according to the GC im close with. And they keep working. I can't see a trucker who works basically by himself calling off work because he has Covid.

Laziness is a disease. I had Covid last week. My shop said "you can stay home or you can work. It's up to you and we won't judge you either way". My question was "will I get paid to stay home?" They said no the government stopped that a while ago. My response was "ok well then I'm working"

All part of the Great Reset to further destroy the Nation. The Elitist Class can't birth the NWO if America still lives...
And yet, some people do not believe that THE GREAT RESET is a REAL THING (Even with our dollar going down the toilet!) yet the World Economic Forum has spoken about it in the PAST and not just within the last 2 to 3 years due to the 'flu' - right before, during it and even now.

Those people think that it is a conspiracy theory and, yet, the one BOOK about it was written and put OUT for sale before that one summer WEF meeting. IT was spoken about at the big WEF meeting too. It was on Cspan - online and other national/international news online.

I have not read the book about the great reset but I have read several snippets from it.

People should read the book called CONFESSIONS of an ECONOMIC HITMAN or some such title that was written many years ago. Ten or more years? I CRS on the exact date now.

I am dead serious here now... you will have the POOR and the RICH and the middle class and upper middle class working and retired people will be DESTROYED even more and we are the people who PAY MOST of the taxes. NO huge loopholes.

We did not get any favors with the past so called income tax reform (LOL) with the LAST group of changes. IT did not benefit middle class people in MY opinion when you run the figures.

They should go to a flat tax or better yet - NO INCOME TAX and have one flat national sales tax that EVERY SINGLE PERSON has to pay for their goods.

The system is one big cluster you know what.

It seems to me that the ILLEGAL ALIENS and many of the life long bums, transients who move from state to state, drunks, dope addicts and some 'homeless' people - criminals or not seem to have more RIGHTS than hard working and retired honest citizens in the middle class/upper middle class.

You are ABOVE getting any bennies yet you PAY - are forced to PAY for the people who do not pay jack squat in taxes NOW or ever paid much in the past.

I said the same thing to some county and city leaders about taxes and property rights... the BUMS get more attention, sympathy and CARE when it comes to their issues while we, the working/retired peons in SLAVELANDIA, get the SHAFT with higher and higher taxes coming from ALL directions - local, state and federal.

Cate
Typos: pay not may

Last Edited:
I do not understand this sort of thing, when at the same time any unvaxed person can get on a crowded commercial airplane in the US and fly.

I do not understand this sort of thing, when at the same time any unvaxed person can get on a crowded commercial airplane in the US and fly.
It's about deliberate disruption of supply--manufactured shortages and forced rationing of essentials is historically a favored tool of oppression.

"This loyal Party member needs that food, the only thing you filthy kulaks need is a grave."

It gets worse, two buddies on another board who are BNSF engineers independently tell me it's looking like a strike this year.
My husband and I have heard that RR scuttlebutt too. Not from a board/forum but from people who live and/or work around this area.

BNSF is busy in other areas 'financial wise' with other RR companies too.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads