JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
9da9b5603376013a8898005056a9545d.gif

Kopi luwak is highly overrated. My kids got me some for X-mas a few years back. Couldn't detect any flavor difference between that and your average premium coffee from the supermarket. Totally underwhelming. :(
We do only whole bean and grind ourselves every few days. We're not fancy and preferer the darker roasts. Costco works. The folks, years ago, brought us a # of Jamaican Blue Mt. Not impressed.

"There's no shortage of ammunition," Harrington chuckled, explaining that vast quantities are piled in people's closets, garages and gun safes, just not on the store shelves where most consumers are used to purchasing it.

Frustrated at not being able to buy ammunition online or in stores, more people have tried getting into reloading, the practice of assembling cartridges from the base components. That, in turn, has created a bigger demand for things like gunpowder, primers and brass casings than suppliers can satisfy.

"It's just crazy as crazy can be," Harrington said.

OK, Ok, ok....so then, adapt and overcome. Or next time......stock up.

Aloha, Mark

I was speaking with my daughter yesterday. She is younger, wanted management experience, and so is running all aspects of an auto-glass business.

She commented she would no longer consider a new vehicle unless it was 'common' (ie., manufactured in volume). She is seeing situations where customers are coming in with even say a 2014 vehicle and there is no replacement glass. This was for a GM vehicle. The manufacturers simply don't care. The vehicles aren't common such that there isn't much (or any) of aftermarket parts either.

This is only for the glass, never mind other parts. I experienced this in 2020 with a 2007 Honda. The Gauge Control Unit was failing, they put in a new one, the new one was better but failing on the gas-tank sensor, and no others available from Honda. I declined trying to find one at an auto wrecker and now monitor approximate fuel by the trip odometer (e.g. assume 1/2 tank at 180 miles, fill up).

So a FYI if you're vehicle shopping.

Supply Chain (labor) is hitting trimet too:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thinking this morning how life has changed in the past 70 years. My grandfather died at the age of 86 in 1966. He worked until he was 79 and never owned a car, TV or telephone. Some might call that poverty but he died a happy man.

I buy a lot of Starline brass particularly in the lessor common calibers. Used to be everything was in stock and shipped the next day. Now if you go to their website you will see that they have little or no brass in stock and what they do have sells out in a day or two. I have OEM quantities of brass on order and was told it might be a year before my order is filled.

I buy a lot of Starline brass particularly in the lessor common calibers. Used to be everything was in stock and shipped the next day. Now if you go to their website you will see that they have little or no brass in stock and what they do have sells out in a day or two. I have OEM quantities of brass on order and was told it might be a year before my order is filled.
I believe it's slowly turning around because I recently bought some factory 556 ammo for cheaper than I can load it.

Rrrrright......airlines warn us of possible flight delays because of 5G. But why not just use the other excuse?

Aloha, Mark

the guy that has our deer meat says he can't get casings for summer sausage and pepperoni, so our meat sits in his freezer waiting to be processed.

Very informative on the supply chain....and why you might get hungry.

From Indian friend who runs cellular supply chain in Texas and understands supply-chain issues:

For the first time we noticed shrimps from India in fresh section. Never ever seen it before.

And not in chinese or korean grocery market. I am talking about Market Street which is Albertsons.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top