JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$200
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Newberg
State
Oregon
I've had this maybe 10 years, can't remember who I got it from but it's super heavy, really old and works well. It has sat for the last 5 years and I decided it was time to let it go to someone who would use it.

Built like a tank, has flaws as seen in photos, but everything is serviceable with common parts for those of you handy. I have a video of it running I can send too. Needs to get cleaned up.

Drum is rubber and has an inner and outer lid that clamps down to prevent leaking. Use with stainless pins and some dish soap combos found online.

A knowledge friend said a comparable new one would run $300, and to sell this for at least $200.

Only price drop from $200 down to $150.

I'm open to trades.

Pickup in Newberg, maybe meet in Hillsboro for the right deal. No shipping.

20220528_153156.jpg 20220528_153150.jpg 20220528_153116.jpg 20220528_153108.jpg 20220528_153101.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
That looks like a Lortone (hope that's spelled correct). American made and well built. I have the QT66 model, basically the same machine but with two drums that equal the same size as your one drum. I'd be all over this if I didn't have one already. Parts are readily available, they are popular in the rock polishing crowd.

OP... I know exactly what you have and talking about .

probably not well known machine . I have this exact 'Lapidary' tumbler, it heavy-duty, heavy rubber drum, and runs great .

Don't know how old mine is. It originally came from an old rock hound who died back in the late 70's in Hillsboro, I got from the guy, who got from him .
I have been using this for 20+ years, and it was old when I got it and this thing probably run forever . the unit is good quality well made, been using for Dry and wet Brass cleaning for years . mine, I use 2 different pulley size off the drive shaft, I use for different speeds .

-
lapidary tumbler.jpg
-

Thanks for the information JustShoot!
Good thing he came along with the needed info, unlike post #3 🙄, LOL. These are unbreakable machines. Your model is an older QT12, I have an older QT66 model from my late grandfather. Any and every part on this can be had from Lortone's website. Anyone looking to get into wet tumbling will be money ahead to buy this 100%!

Just a heads-up, I'm open to trades, but please come prepared with an offer. I'm open to a wide variety of gun related items, but please have a list and values. I'm not fishing for information to try to make a deal happen, I'd like it to be clear and open. Thanks!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top