JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's just say someone I know who is considered a super gun owner recently moved about 200 miles from the Portland area over to the tri cities area of Washington. The move itself with his wife and 2 boys (6 month old and 2 year old) was already a trek but when you consider all the cool toys he has too, it was very interesting and strategic planning and executing the move with movers also involved (the movers were not allowed to touch his toys). He has multiple gun safes and literally tons of ammo.

I dont know if it made things much easier but he ended up emptying the safes placing all handguns inside multiple bins and he carefully wrapped each rifle and stacked them inside heavy duty TV boxes to help conceal them. It definitely worked and now that the move is complete and all toys have been moved to their respective spot(s) at the new place it got me thinking if other people got creative when moving their gun stuff to a new place.

Please feel free to share your moving experiences and/or any tips you may have for future moves.

Think you don't have enough ammo and need some more?? Try moving it 200 miles, or even 2,200 miles!

Moving requires boxing it all up, moving the boxes out by the truck, picking them up and into the truck down the way into the front. Unloading is in reverse. You think you've picked up those damn boxes about 8 times before you're done! Then you swear to never move again!

I moved out of state and had movers come to load the truck, but had a crew of gun friends come and load my stuff up into the nose of the truck first. Then came the household stuff, the long drive, and had a crew at the destination unload the household stuff, and I did the rest!
Lots of bubble wrap involved.

Think you don't have enough ammo and need some more?? Try moving it 200 miles, or even 2,200 miles!

Moving requires boxing it all up, moving the boxes out by the truck, picking them up and into the truck down the way into the front. Unloading is in reverse. You think you've picked up those damn boxes about 8 times before you're done! Then you swear to never move again!

I moved out of state and had movers come to load the truck, but had a crew of gun friends come and load my stuff up into the nose of the truck first. Then came the household stuff, the long drive, and had a crew at the destination unload the household stuff, and I did the rest!
Lots of bubble wrap involved.
I did the same when moving to WA from Texas. The largest truck U-Haul rents had my guns packed into the overhead part above the cab. Rifles in cases and wrapped in moving blankets. Ammo packed in tight. That space was then packed full of other goods. My gun safe was as far forward in the truck as it could get. The truck was packed up as full as we could get it. Getting to those guns would have taken hours on the road. Speed limits were carefully adhered to and the safe and gun unloading were done in darkness - even on my 2 acres with limited visibility of my home.

The next time I move will be into assisted living or a funeral home.

I did the same when moving to WA from Texas. The largest truck U-Haul rents had my guns packed into the overhead part above the cab. Rifles in cases and wrapped in moving blankets. Ammo packed in tight. That space was then packed full of other goods. My gun safe was as far forward in the truck as it could get. The truck was packed up as full as we could get it. Getting to those guns would have taken hours on the road. Speed limits were carefully adhered to and the safe and gun unloading were done in darkness - even on my 2 acres with limited visibility of my home.

The next time I move will be into assisted living or a funeral home.
A chiropractor's dream!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top