JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I started prepping for the Party tomorrow the original menu was supposed to be Babybacks but when I got to Cash-n-Carry they only had 4 cryo's of some of the sorriest BB's I have ever seen and they definitely weren't worth 3.19/lb. They did have a pile of St. Louis Spares for 2.37/lb.. Kind of a no brainer there for me.

I am trying to get more pics of the whole process rather than just finished product. So here we go...

Scan22.jpg

Now that right there is a beautiful Pile O' Pork

Scan23.jpg

BBQ in our house is a family affair

Scan21.jpg

Gratuitous promo shot for my rub supplier.. Big Ron's Rubs ROCK!!!

Scan24.jpg

Half 6 racks done in Hint of Houston 6 in Original.

Getting ready to make up a batch of sauce.... Recipe was posted a bit ago I added a 1/4t of Ground Chipotle and dropped the Maple Syrup.

Scan8-1.jpg

Only thing missing from the pic is the onions and the butter as they were currently in the pan already.

Scan9-1.jpg

Shot of the dry ingredients prior to going in the pan..

And now on to the next appetizer for tomorrow..

Buffalo Chicken Balls (The recipe is for a double batch cut in half for normal use)

Scan10-1.jpg

In the bowl are 2 store bought rottisere chickens that I picked up just to make it easier on myself.

Recipe is:

2 Roasted Chickens (Homemade or Store Bought)

1 1/4c Franks Red Hot Sauce

16oz Cream Cheese

1/4-1/2c raw yellow onion (can substitute Red or Green onions depending on preference)

1Tbsp Smoked Paprika

1/2tsp Ground Chipotles

Salt and Pepper to taste

About 12oz of Shredded Cheese(more or less to firm up balls)

Scan11-1.jpg

Mix all ingredients thoroughly and form into balls about the size of a golf ball. Cover with cling wrap and refridgerate overnight..

Topping

1c Flour seasoned with your preferred rub

2 eggs with 1Tbsp of water beaten

3-4c of Panko bread crumbs or Corn Flake Crumbs( I'm using corn flakes this year)

Remove from fridge and reform into round balls.

Do a 3 part dredge flour,egg, crumbs and place on Smoker Rack

Smoke about 45min-1hr @ 225-250 to heat through and melt cheese.

Looks great:s0155: Love the Franks Red Hot sauce! I just do wings with it and cant get enough. Actually eat it on almost anything from hashbrowns to steak sometimes:D

First 8 racks getting ready to hit the smoker... do to size limitations I'll be doing the 2 portion of 3-2-1 in the oven while the other 4 racks smoke.. going to take some coordination but I think it will turn out fine.. Now have to get the ABT's all ready to go on after that.

Scan13.jpg

Nothing too fancy, just us 2 adults and 3 kids.

Starting off with deep fried wings. From left to right:
Frank's hot BBQ, Frank's hot wings, and honey.

Next moving on to my new favorite home cooked bar food. Tater skins! About an hour in the oven, scoop out then deep fry for 5 minutes per batch. Load with cheddar, mozzarella, fresh crumbled bacon, chopped onions and toss in the oven to melt it all together. Add a dollop of sour cream. YUMMY!

Have to have a few jalapeno poppers...tis the season, y'know?

And to wash it down...a nice cold Corona with a lime wedge and salt. Oops...appears that bottle is getting low. I...ummm....I gotta go take care of something real quick. :s0155:

Well company just left so it's time for the grand finale....

Heres the ABT's prep'd and ready to rest in the fridge until I can get and open rack in the smoker.

Scan14.jpg

All wrapped up and headed to the fridge...

Scan19-1.jpg

Breading the Chicken balls then back in the fridge as well...

Scan15.jpg

All breaded and headed to the smoker.

Scan17-1.jpg

Ribs resting and ready to slice.. I actually only ended up with 8 racks of ribs that were decent the other 4 ended up so fall off the bone we just pulled them and tossed them in with the Shoulder that a co-worker brought.

Scan26.jpg

Pulled pork and ribs just waiting for the guests to arrive.

Scan27.jpg

ABT's fresh out of the smoker they were done just as Halftime started probably the only thing that came out of the smoker on timer today.

Scan28.jpg

I'll have some more pics once a buddy of mine sends them out to me...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top