JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_5318.jpg ive purchade a sundevil ar15 and cant figure out why it wont chamber a second round, I can put a lower of another rifle and have the same problem so it must be in my upper. the only way I can get it to chamber is to put a short buffer from a carbine in it. it is a rifle buffer tube at 8 3/4 lenth and I know this isn't good. ve checked the gas tube and it seem fine, no blockage. I have used my mags in my other ar and they work fine. ive also change out the bolt assembly from my other ar and it still does it I don't know if its shortstrokin or not but with the short buffer it seems fine. I have even put the long rifle buffer with the short carbine spring, still wont feed. I guess im missing something somewhere and cant figure it out id hate to just throw the upper away. hope someone out there can help me.

IMG_5318.jpg

Which spring are you running with your buffer and tube? Are you using a JP lightweight bolt/carrier or anything like that?
Also, are you sure your gas block is properly aligned? If its off just a little...well you know...no worky

I run several sundevils and they run perfect!!

Ive been thru this and my block was off by about half a hole

im sure this is a sundevil built by them, looks just like the one on there web sight. as far as I know it still has all factory parts in it. I bought a new gas tube for it. it looked like the bolt rubbed the farrow part on the end of it down alittle. I didn't know you had to treat ar style guns like ladys. damn their finikie.

Which spring and buffer are you running in the rifle? Also, does it not pick-up the next round? or does it just not chamber it (requiring the use of the forward assist?)

New AR's need a bit of time to break in, however I've never really had the issues you describe with a new AR, the biggest issue with new AR's in my opinion are people who don't take the time to clean and lube them before the first trip to the range. (and don't bring a bottle of oil) I know I've been guilty of this myself, more than once I had to wipe the dipstick off with my fingers and rub engine oil all over the BCG.

It kinda sounds to me like you don't have the right spring/buffer in it. Then again, I don't think I've built a rifle with a rifle length buffer in 5 years.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top