JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to see if any other members here that are also Tri County members want to start shooting together on Sunday mornings?

I should have my action range cert by April, otherwise I spend a good amount of time at the black powder/silhouette range plinking. I guess I could always tag along if you have yours.

Wouldn't mind getting to know a few of you better at the club plinking.

I try to go almost every Sunday morning, I go every 1st Sunday of the month for speed steel.

Reno

I am a TCGC member and action range certified. I'd be down for a meetup Sunday mornings. I may not be able to make every Sunday, but once in a while would be cool.

I am going to be at the 3/1 speed steel match too. It will be my 1st time at speed steel. I usually go to the IDPA, and just started with the practical rifle matches.

Reno, I think we met once. I bought your Primary arms dot and magnifier I think.

I am a TCGC member and action range certified. I'd be down for a meetup Sunday mornings. I may not be able to make every Sunday, but once in a while would be cool.

I am going to be at the 3/1 speed steel match too. It will be my 1st time at speed steel. I usually go to the IDPA, and just started with the practical rifle matches.

Reno, I think we met once. I bought your Primary arms dot and magnifier I think.
Awesome. I usually squad with 4. Eventually I think 4 is going to have to break up though lol. Too many fast shooters on squad 4!

I'd be more than willing. Signed up for NMO on March 18 though.
Sounds good!

I'll give this thread a few days and then hit you all up via PM to exchange numbers!

Awesome. I usually squad with 4. Eventually I think 4 is going to have to break up though lol. Too many fast shooters on squad 4!

I can't find the signup on Practiscore, so I was just going to show up. So I'll be in whatever squad is open. If having too many fast shooters is your issue, I would slow it down for sure. I don't move as fast as I used to.

I can't find the signup on Practiscore, so I was just going to show up. So I'll be in whatever squad is open. If having too many fast shooters is your issue, I would slow it down for sure. I don't move as fast as I used to.
No sign up on practice score that I know of. Your good to show up and sign onto any squad. New shooters usually are asked to have a "mentor" overwatch, I'm not sure if a TCGC member that is action certified needs a mentor though.

Probably already met you, since I shoot my flintlocks out there just about every Sunday morning.
If your the gentalman with the young pup that let me shoot his dueling pistol two Sundays ago, then yes we have met!

That's us.

092671BF-E354-4025-BAAE-938483109956.jpeg

No sign up on practice score that I know of. Your good to show up and sign onto any squad. New shooters usually are asked to have a "mentor" overwatch, I'm not sure if a TCGC member that is action certified needs a mentor though.

I believe a regular member/seasoned speed steel competitor would suffice as a mentor. However, as an RSO at the club, a TCGC member that is also action range certified would be much preferred IMHO....

Also, all squadding is done on the day of the match in the "stat shack". Match results are posted to Practiscore, but currently no signups are done there.

Last Edited:

Squad 4 should be pretty much full, but If you have any questions, send me a pm. If you have not done so already, go to Orss.org for safety rules/match info. If there is something that is not covered or you need clarification, as before the match. We want everyone to have a safe and productive match. We are a fairly easy going bunch. Hope to see you there! :)

Squad 4 should be pretty much full, but If you have any questions, send me a pm. If you have not done so already, go to Orss.org for safety rules/match info. If there is something that is not covered or you need clarification, as before the match. We want everyone to have a safe and productive match. We are a fairly easy going bunch. Hope to see you there! :)

Thanks for the link. I will check out the rules and safety regs. I am looking forward to it.

Well I made it to the match today and was on squad 1. That was my 1st Speed Steel match, and I see why it is so popular. I had a great time and will be going more often in the future.

Well I made it to the match today and was on squad 1. That was my 1st Speed Steel match, and I see why it is so popular. I had a great time and will be going more often in the future.
I always get lost in the day to go around and try to find folks during the match. Sorry I missed you.

Ha, Ha Ha 75 overall and last in my class. Better keep my day job, but I'll be back.

OK, so now for the excuses:
Got the gun just 2 weeks ago.
1st competition shooting it.
1st pistol with an optic I have ever had.
1st competition using an optic.
The dot kept turning off (OK my presentation sucks and I kept losing the dot).
Had to use the totally crap holster that came with it because my new holder shows up tomorrow.:s0117:
Totally crap holster has retention which I have never used before.

Honestly I think I may go back to iron sights. At least I know how to fix it when they are out of alignment when I present.

I was in relay 1 this Sunday at the Highpower match at TCGC.:p Nice day started out in the fog at 200 yards.
Cleared up nice by the time we got to 600 yards. 44 rounds today at 600 yards.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads