JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Awe, the rugged smell of Mesquite seeping through the cracks of the smoker in the early morning while enjoying a hot Irish coffee in anticipation of a fresh batch of savory beef jerky! A simple pleasure, but one I like to visit often.

Yeah, Joe13, I didn't want to feel the envy, so, thought I'd beat you to it. Tying up new Salmon rigs now and getting ready to slay them guys soon. Anticipating a great fall Salmon run, this year, in the back yard (Washougal Rv). Gunna be lots of smoked Salmon this year. Yeah, baby!

Here's a pic of the back yard. Everyday's a beach party in warm weather!

10378003_1418239631790122_4320378770103570282_n.jpg

T'was a fine marnin indeed! Taste tests are awesome. This batch will be history faster than you can say "Stack me up a double shot of Jameson!" better get here soon!

You lead a tough life!

I usually wake up to the smell of my dogs breath.

"Get up! Get up! Let's go Play!"

Did anyone ever come up with a "simple" recipe for "simple" smoked salmon?

I have some in the freezer, waiting for me to get enthused.

You lead a tough life!

I usually wake up to the smell of my dogs breath.

"Get up! Get up! Let's go Play!"

Did anyone ever come up with a "simple" recipe for "simple" smoked salmon?

I have some in the freezer, waiting for me to get enthused.

There were a few good ones in that thread from last week.

I'm a half salt/half brown sugar guy myself.

I like applewood. Not a huge fan of mesquite.

There were a few good ones in that thread from last week.

I'm a half salt/half brown sugar guy myself.

I like applewood. Not a huge fan of mesquite.

Yep, but the basic alder for me. Put just enough salt/brown sugar on it to just soak through in 12 hours, 6:00pm-6:00am. Rinse/soak depending on texture, rack, dry, load and smoke!

Yep!

I have a hard time with recipes. I can't seem to follow them. Like this batch of beef jerky, I had found a base recipe on the internet (Pepper, soy sauce, cayenne, garlic powder and that kind of stuff). Then I look in the cupboard... so, I substitute. I added Sriracha hot sauce, Yobubbleguma's Sweat n Sour sauce, African pepper, and darned if I can remember how much of each! Don't think I've ever followed the recipe to a tee. And haven't written down the exact amounts either. But each time, it turns out great.

Had the same luck with salmon batches (although I do use different ingredients for fish jerky. And yes on the apple and/or alder. (Mesquite is just too heavy for fish).

Oh, one treat I discovered for the Salmon brine, is fresh ground Ginger root. Saw a recipe that called for that, tried it, and wow. Nice touch. Ever since, Ginger root is my go-to extra ingredient for salmon. (Still don't remember how much o_O).

Bill

I have a hard time with recipes. I can't seem to follow them.

I can relate.

I had the local butcher shop smoke a side of pork ribs (NOT baby backs, REAL ribs:)).

Picked them up today. Butcher says to cook them in oven with bullion, garlic, bla, bla, bla. for 2 hrs to finish them.

I got a 2 cup measuring cup, added Braggs vinegar, onion/garlic powder, parsley, chocolate syrup, Agave, water, a few other things I can't remember.

I'm thinking of going into the rib business. They are unbelievable.

You can buy my recipe on line at;

whatthehelldidijustputinthatbatch.com:):confused::confused:

Better hurry up and buy that domain name! It's gotta be a winner!

So, you're down by the Rouge River, eh? And a fresh side of 'Unbelievable' smoked pork ribs, eh?.... Hold that thought. Be right there! :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top