JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hate to be the guy but I'm not looking for any spots. All I'm looking for is advice on if I should focus on sumpter or the Starkey unit. Me and my wife messed up and we didn't get put in for the same thing. So one of us has a Starkey and the other has sumpter. Only have time to hunt one unit. For those that live in the area and or have hunted it. What unit would you be spending your time in?

Pick the one your wife drew and save your marriage... :p
They are neighbor units, I dont think one would be better than the other. Deer numbers out there have been declining for a while now, good luck.

I hate to be the guy but I'm not looking for any spots. All I'm looking for is advice on if I should focus on sumpter or the Starkey unit. Me and my wife messed up and we didn't get put in for the same thing. So one of us has a Starkey and the other has sumpter. Only have time to hunt one unit. For those that live in the area and or have hunted it. What unit would you be spending your time in?
put in as a party, that won't happen again

The Starkey archery deer tags did not sell out in the draw and some are available in the leftover sale July 1.

You could exchange the Sumter tag for a second Starkey tag. However, since you were successful in the draw you're forced to wait until July 2nd to make the exchange, if any remain then.

Those units neighbor each other. If you're going up for a long enough period of time why not hunt both if the area you hunt in each unit are on the border.
Couple days in Sumptner, couple days in Starkey. I don't know about Sumptner but Starkey isnt the deer unit it used to be. I haven't seen any decent bucks in that unit for years. And in decent bucks I mean anything bigger than a forked horn on public land.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top