JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So summer is here and the weather is nice ( where I am at least :D ) .
This time is a excellent time of year , to check out and test your gear.

Go take a hike and see if those boots really are as comfortable as they were in the store or back yard....
See if your ruck or "bug out bag" does indeed fit you and carry well for a extended time.

If possible , do an overnight with your sleep system or tent.
Sure is "fun" setting up a tent or other shelter for the first time...
Could be even more enjoyable when you are tired and not sure of what you are doing.

Maybe practice some land navigation skills...with map and compass , along with a GPS.
Fire starting is always a good skill to keep up on....when starting you BBQ....maybe try flint and steel or your Ferro rod...

If you are like me...and do some pre hunting season scouting in the summer...
Take your rifle along...and try a "hunting shot" at a target ...under hunting conditions..
One shot...after carrying your rifle for awhile...shoot at that odd colored rock or left behind shot shell...*
*Of course always make sure you have a safe clear field of fire and backstop....and bring back that left behind shot shell.

If nothing else...now is a great time to sort through your gear...
Check batteries and expiration dates....
Test rope and lines for fraying...
Does your rain gear still fit....or did it get wet and was put away that way...yuck...
How stocked is your first aid kit....did you replace that last band-aid that was used....is the aspirin still "good"...

Just tossing out some ideas here.
Andy

This is just your subconscious telling you to prepare.

Nothing like a Pandemic, extreme social unrest, and a front row seat at a potential Great Depression X2 to make you want to get ready.

Honestly. I'm not sure if all these people buying everything off the shelves are crazy?
Or if I am, for already having it? :s0108:

I guess time will tell.

Nothing like a Pandemic, extreme social unrest, and a front row seat at a potential Great Depression X2 to make you want to get ready.

Honestly. I'm not sure if all these people buying everything off the shelves are crazy?
Could be playing a part for sure...
But...

I have always thought that testing your gear new and old while conditions are not so stressful....
Is better than finding out what works ( or not ) when you actually need it to.
Andy

"The more thou SWEATETH in Training, the less thou BLEEDETH in Combat."--Richard Marcinko

:D
I like the saying ...and heard it long before I heard of Richard Marcinko ...never really a "fan" of his...
Personality wise at least.

I "met" him at a book signing...maybe he had an "off" day...but I don't think that we would have gotten along....
Andy

I like the saying ...and heard it long before I heard of Richard Marcinko ...never really a "fan" of his...
Personality wise at least.

I "met" him at a book signing...maybe he had an "off" day...but I don't think that we would have gotten along....
Andy
Yeah, he's a bit like Gordon Ramsey or Zahi Hawass--brilliant technical mind, horrible personality.

I guess time will tell.

And - don't forget - the harbinger of doom:

OWISE-Bob-King-Duluth-MN-jul11-2020-e1594639393157.jpg

So summer is here and the weather is nice ( where I am at least :D ) .
This time is a excellent time of year , to check out and test your gear.

Go take a hike and see if those boots really are as comfortable as they were in the store or back yard....
See if your ruck or "bug out bag" does indeed fit you and carry well for a extended time.

If possible , do an overnight with your sleep system or tent.
Sure is "fun" setting up a tent or other shelter for the first time...
Could be even more enjoyable when you are tired and not sure of what you are doing.

Maybe practice some land navigation skills...with map and compass , along with a GPS.
Fire starting is always a good skill to keep up on....when starting you BBQ....maybe try flint and steel or your Ferro rod...

If you are like me...and do some pre hunting season scouting in the summer...
Take your rifle along...and try a "hunting shot" at a target ...under hunting conditions..
One shot...after carrying your rifle for awhile...shoot at that odd colored rock or left behind shot shell...*
*Of course always make sure you have a safe clear field of fire and backstop....and bring back that left behind shot shell.

If nothing else...now is a great time to sort through your gear...
Check batteries and expiration dates....
Test rope and lines for fraying...
Does your rain gear still fit....or did it get wet and was put away that way...yuck...
How stocked is your first aid kit....did you replace that last band-aid that was used....is the aspirin still "good"...

Just tossing out some ideas here.
Andy

Dang it.... all I got from all of that was you saying, "just tossing".

;):D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR