JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If any of you have or are college kids and need some work this summer, here's something that might not make the classified section

----------------------

To accommodate customary summer vacations and other related absences the Portland TMP will
be hiring temporary employees for the summer season. We are seeking college enrolled students
that have completed at least their first year of college. Students that are interested in summer
employment at the Portland Truck Plant should apply at DTNA.jobs * - Summer Students – Machinist,
Material Handlers, or Painters Helper.

*Summer employment will be governed by the following rules:

The student must be at least 18 years of age at the time of employment
A base wage rate of $12.00 will be paid during the summer
Students will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
Pre-employment safety training will be provided
Student must join the union and pay monthly dues
Machinists - $100 to join $73.05 monthly dues
Material Handlers - $150 to join $55 monthly dues
Painters - $200 to join $60.70 monthly dues
Student will not be eligible to take vacation or time off
Student will receive benefits after the waiting period in accordance with union guidelines
Student must be available to work any shift – days 6:15 to 2:45 or swing 4:00 to 12:30
Interviews will be scheduled in the order the application is received and the availability for on-site interview
Interviews will be conducted until all open positions are filled

All applicants need to apply at DTNA.jobs- Applications should include:

Resume – work experience – list any former Daimler experience
College attending
Available dates for work (start and end)
Address and phone number where to be reached or a message left
Reference (include name and relationship)
Date of Birth
Beginning date available for interview

Western Star Truck Plant
6936 N Fathom St
Portland, OR 97217

That's an awful lot of union dues for a three month job.

Especially for only $12 an hour, my lowest retirement pays more than that and I have two, plus I work a almost full time job in addition.

And, having worked at Freightliner some years ago I'm not sure I'd work there again, pay was good at over $7,000 a month, working climate sucked though.

Meh, it's at the plant and the union wants their share just like everyone else I guess. But a job is a job and it's better then minimum wage. For a college kid who wants to work over the summer it's not a bad deal. Espeically with the job market the way it is right now.

Meh, it's at the plant and the union wants their share just like everyone else I guess. But a job is a job and it's better then minimum wage. For a college kid who wants to work over the summer it's not a bad deal. Espeically with the job market the way it is right now.

Yup! I guess everyone wants their cut.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads