JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea, but I dont really care for the conservative justices pro-forced childbirth stance in abortion related cases compared to the liberal justices.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Its now forced childbirth, not infanticide. Brilliant!

Love how you people cling to abortion more than the right to own a gun.

If you are for both, why dont just make post-birth abortions by firearm legal? Brilliant!

Yea, we may cling to God and guns, but you cling to being able to jam a scalpel in a newborns brain stem just before its outside the mother. Awesome!

Most of us have strong views on this subject, and many others that we've agreed not to talk about here for the sake of keeping our discussions from becoming any more contentious than they already are. Please re-read my post above. There are appropriate forums (traditional and internet) for having no-holds-barred discussions about controversial issues. This is not one of them.

On most forums, I use the rule "Is this something I would talk about with a stranger at a bar?". Most polarizing subjects(abortion,religion, views on political systems, thoughts about the president) are out. I don't talk about a lot of my political views because I don't like the inevitable argument. An angry shouting match where two people are telling each other their beliefs are bubblegum accomplishes nothing except making them both look like idiots.

On most forums, I use the rule "Is this something I would talk about with a stranger at a bar?". Most polarizing subjects(abortion,religion, views on political systems, thoughts about the president) are out. I don't talk about a lot of my political views because I don't like the inevitable argument. An angry shouting match where two people are telling each other their beliefs are bubblegum accomplishes nothing except making them both look like idiots.

Possibly one of the best posts I've seen on this forum.

Lived in Chicago? Way to minimize this, the guy was part of the Chicago political machine from 1985 to 2008, a machine that is anti-gun as well as one of the most corrupt in the country.
!

Yes, let's all be hysterical full time. Good idea. But you've just got your facts wrong. BO never worked for Chicago city government at all, let alone was he "part of the Chicago political machine from 1985-2008."

Please don't throw out crap if you don't know what you're talking about.

You are right that the US Supreme Court is important, though. Thanks for that helpful and original insight.

Yes, let's all be hysterical full time. Good idea. But you've just got your facts wrong. BO never worked for Chicago city government at all, let alone was he "part of the Chicago political machine from 1985-2008."

Please don't throw out crap if you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh that's riiiiiiiight, BHO never held a REAL job (in his life)... he was a "community organizer" while in the 2nd city, before becoming a State Senator, then after that a Federal Senator.

As for not being "part of the Chicago political machine from 1985-2008"... Obama was elected to the Illinois Senate in 1996, succeeding State Senator Alice Palmer as Senator from Illinois's 13th District, which at that time spanned Chicago South Side neighborhoods from Hyde Park – Kenwood south to South Shore and west to Chicago Lawn.

I guess he NEVER dealt with the Chicago Mayor, or any city politician during that time... :D

Hey, I never said Obama worked in the private sector or that he had no contact with Chicago. But Trlsmn contended that Obama was part of the Chicago political machine from 1985-2008 (clearly not true) and suggested somehow that Obama was responsible for Chicago city gun ordinances, which is silly. Trlsmn just got overheated and misrepresented the facts.

Correcting a distortion is not the same as endorsing the victim of the distortion.

The Wiki agrees with me!
What you must take into consideration is that politics and politicians are more than just the people who hold office so I stand by my statement that for you to minimize Barak Obama as a guy that quote "lived in Chicago for a while" is false and as I said minimizes his extremely deep connection with Chicago politics!

I can't wait for your counter point! :s0112:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

"Thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts for you backstage." ;)

The Wiki agrees with me!

Sorry, but you are wrong. You contended that Obama was "part of the Chicago political machine from 1985 to 2008" to support your lame contention that he's behind Chicago's gun laws.

The Wiki article doesn't say anything of the kind. You should have read it before posting. Or were you hoping no one would bother to check?

Barry's definitely not a gun rights advocate, but it doesn't help to falsify facts to make that point. I think a lot of people are still just bitter that their dire warnings of gun rights armageddon resulting from an Obama presidency have proven to be baseless hysteria so far.

Sorry, but you are wrong. You contended that Obama was "part of the Chicago political machine from 1985 to 2008" to support your lame contention that he's behind Chicago's gun laws.

The Wiki article doesn't say anything of the kind. You should have read it before posting. Or were you hoping no one would bother to check?

Barry's definitely not a gun rights advocate, but it doesn't help to falsify facts to make that point.

Perhaps "you" should read it! The proof is there in black and white, pun intended!

After four years in New York City, Obama was hired in Chicago as director of the Developing Communities Project (DCP), a church-based community organization originally comprising eight Catholic parishes in Greater Roseland (Roseland, West Pullman and Riverdale) on Chicago's far South Side. He worked there as a community organizer from June 1985 to May 1988.[30][32] During his three years as the DCP's director, its staff grew from one to thirteen and its annual budget grew from US$70,000 ($141,564 in 2010) to US$400,000 ($735,648 in 2010). He helped set up a job training program, a college preparatory tutoring program, and a tenants' rights organization in Altgeld Gardens.[33] Obama also worked as a consultant and instructor for the Gamaliel Foundation, a community organizing institute.

I think a lot of people are still just bitter that their dire warnings of gun rights armageddon resulting from an Obama presidency have proven to be baseless hysteria so far.

In the same way that seat-belts are useless until the day you need them? There is a difference between bitter and vigilant, people are vigilant not bitter, that statement is just self serving! That would like being mad that you bought a car and paid extra for seat-belts and never got to use them.

And again I say that there are only two fragile things standing in the way of losing our gun rights. First we are one supreme court justice away from losing every 2nd amendment case to cross the desk of SCOTUS. Second a lame duck Democrat presidency in either this or Obama's second term will see the Democrats make a run at our gun rights.

Thanks for proving my point.

Like I said, he worked in Chicago. Duh. That's what the Wiki page establishes. Your claim that he was "part of the Chicago political machine from 1985 to 2008" is no where to be found in that article. Why? Because your contention is just false. Neither does the article support your ridiculous inference that Barack Obama is somehow responsible for Chicago gun laws. You can't even establish that he EVER worked for the city of Chicago.

Busted.:s0112:

As for the rest of your hysterical scree, you can prepare for martians invading the earth too, if that's how you want to spend your time. As for me, I'll wait for real threats. Maybe you have lots of free time on your hands to worry about ghosts under the bed, but I live in the real world and have to prioritize.

As I've said before, you don't have to behave like a nut or throw out tendentious falsehoods to be vigilant.

Thanks for proving my point.

Like I said, he worked in Chicago. Duh.

Wrong, you said:

CEF1959 said:
"Not sure why the fact that Obama lived in Chicago for a while is relevant here"
I said he worked, you said he lived, nice try at rewriting history but ultimately a failure.

I went on to prove that your statement was just an attempt to minimize and is in error

That's what the Wiki page establishes. Your claim that he was "part of the Chicago political machine from 1985 to 2008" is no where to be found in that article. Why? Because your contention is just false. Neither does the article support your ridiculous inference that Barack Obama is somehow responsible for Chicago gun laws. You can't even establish that he EVER worked for the city of Chicago.

Busted.:s0112:

I've shown you the proof, if you choose to close your eyes it's your problem.

As for the rest of your hysterical scree, you can prepare for martians invading the earth too, if that's how you want to spend your time. As for me, I'll wait for real threats. Maybe you have lots of free time on your hands to worry about ghosts under the bed, but I live in the real world and have to prioritize.

As I've said before, you don't have to behave like a nut or throw out tendentious falsehoods to be vigilant.

As for the rest of your rant they're just words meant to insult but have no point, substance, or proof.

As I said before:

"Thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts for you backstage."

As for the rest of your hysterical scree, you can prepare for martians invading the earth too, if that's how you want to spend your time.

Well, it's a little late to "prepare" for that since you and Bugeye have ALREADY landed... :D

mars_attacks.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads