Suicide in City of Rogue River today

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CleverName, Nov 26, 2014.

1. CleverName

CleverName
    Southern Oregon

My son and I were driving to Grants Pass today and saw a bunch of police cars and a fire truck in front of the Rogue River police station. There was a body on the ground covered with a blanket, with a big pool of blood near the head. A guy across the street at the hardware store told me that a dude killed himself in front of the police station. I cant find anything on the news about it. ANyone have any more info? Its a bummer that my 5 year old son had to see that.

Sgt Nambu and clearconscience like this.
  2. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Normally they do not put it into the paper because you get copycats.

3. 3MTA3

3MTA3
    Western Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Could we just show the coverage to the protesters?

4. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Those protesters haven't figured it out yet but in a sense they have committed suicide. It's going to be a slow agonizing life from now on.o_O

Stomper, U201491 and 3MTA3 like this.
  5. clearconscience

clearconscience
    Vancouver, WA

Yeah you almost will never see a story about suicide.
    There's a lot of suicides amoung high schoolers and not to mention the vets that commit suicide, they don't want others to follow suit.

6. CleverName

CleverName
    Southern Oregon

That makes sense. But youd think a public suicide in front of the police station would get just a little press. I did find this though:
    http://www.rogueriverpress.com/

Also, I heard that explosion that they mention in the next article! It woke me right up and knocked a picture off the wall.

7. clearconscience

clearconscience
    Vancouver, WA

Kinda scary wonder what he would have done if he got inside. I wonder why we would off himself. I always wonder about older folks doing it. I understand dumb kids.
    I had a friend in middle school 6th grade who killed himself, on accident supposedly. He was high and drunk. So makes sense.

8. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu
    Oregon

It's unfortunate that you had your five year old along at that moment! Don't worry too much about it though. When I was his age we had to stop for a horrific accident and I saw a man's crushed and compleatly severed head, about 5-8' away from my car window! Pretty much too young to be deeply affected although I remember it vividly sixty years later. Much depends on your reaction too. Hope you are both ok and don't have a harsh reaction to what you have witnessed! SRG

clearconscience likes this.
  9. Stomper

Stomper
    SCREW YOU SALEM!!
    SCREW YOU SALEM! Gold Supporter

So at your current age, that experience hasn't increased your use of Depends? :p ;)