JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sad news out of Salem. A man went to Tritac Indoor Range, rented a gun and was alone on the firing line when he committed suicide.

Thankfully this is not an everyday occurrence. But I do wonder - does Tritac, like some other ranges, require you bring your own gun with you before you can rent a gun? Just to prevent this kind of thing from happening?

I really hope we can find a way to improve our mental health system, it's clear we need find some solutions to the every growing mental health crisis.

Here is one link to the story:

<broken link removed>

Sad news out of Salem. A man went to Tritac Indoor Range, rented a gun and was alone on the firing line when he committed suicide.

Thankfully this is not an everyday occurrence. But I do wonder - does Tritac, like some other ranges, require you bring your own gun with you before you can rent a gun? Just to prevent this kind of thing from happening?

I really hope we can find a way to improve our mental health system, it's clear we need find some solutions to the every growing mental health crisis.

<broken link removed>

Looks like he survived?

Coulda been worse. Guy could have bought a firearm and then decided to go nuts and take a bunch of people with him.

I'm all for getting people help if they want it. But if they want to get off this ride we call life let them.

<broken link removed>

Sad situation. Did anyone notice that the linked story is actually written as news and not editorial?? No gun control hyperbole, no whining and wailing and gnashing of teeth over access to firearms or anything, just the facts. And from KATU no less. I'm impressed! The suicide prevention line at the bottom is a nice touch.

I'm willing to guess he couldn't pass a background check to buy one legally?

Next thing you know, you'll need to undergo a background check anytime you want to rent a gun at a range.

But of course, passing a background check has nothing to do with having suicidal tendencies.

That's sad.

Good folks at that range, they just recently reopened after a suspicious fire burned them out.

I think they've been reopened under a year.

Very safe range, make you watch a video first time, pretty observant crew as well. I would think that the victim would have had to have planned it out well to not give any "jinky" vibe.

I was going to go there this afternoon, but needed to do some reloading. Unsure when they will reopen.

At least he was alone in the range, nobody had to witness the mess.....

Even if they were watching him there wouldnt of been enough time to get inside and stop him.... they have a camera aimed at each bay.

Didn't this also happen at "The Place to Shoot" in north Portland a few years back - gave them a rather unfortunate nickname in the process.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top