JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The new Switchback from SilencerCo is great. I have SiCO Sparrows and Spectres too, Tactical Solutions and Sure Fire. They all work well. I like the monolithic cores, they clean up easier. Cheap is cheap, avoid the Rebel and other Rock bottom priced cans.

I really like my Sparrow.
I coat the interior side of the clam shells and mono core with an anti-seize by LocTite.
Sure makes cleanup a lot easier.

91Pu8ZKTh8L._SL1500_.jpg

I have the Dead Air Mask-HD. I have no others to compare it to and it's my first NFA item. The Mask has very little, if any, first round pop and is supposed to be one of the quietest. Only had it for a little while and a few hundred rounds. It is actually due for it's first cleaning. It's relatively compact but apparently heavy, despite being titanium. Not monolithic so probably more of a pain to clean than those but the cups pop out and come apart easy enough. Everyone I have shot it around laughs it's so quiet. Some people standing behind me didn't even realize I had started shooting during one of our range sessions. Would I buy it again? Sure would! Are the others good choices? I would imagine most of the options from established vendors would all be pretty close in quality and effectiveness.

A 22lr can is good fun but you learn patience with that wait time.

The Dead Air cans are great. Avoid stacked baffles and cheap cans, the materials are so flimsy it's repulsive and the threading is sloppy. So many great options $400-$500. My best can, is the Sparrow. We have 10 demo cans...so we shoot a lot of stuff. Looking forward to the OSS rimfire can that's shipping in a few weeks. The OSS cans are really impressing me right now, far less back pressure.

The Mask is an incredible performer, though a bit on the heavy side.

For pistols, I personally think it's hard to beat the AAC Element 2 for a combination of performance, weight, and durability. AAC is planning to release one final batch before discontinuing the Element 2, so I'd keep a close eye out for sales.

If it helps, here's a more in-depth post from a similar topic:

It sounds like you're also looking for suppressor recommendations, so I thought I'd cover that separately.

My first recommendation is to focus on something with stainless steel or titanium baffles, for ease of cleaning. Aluminum will be less expensive and will save on weight, but you are limited to hand scraping or soda blasting the baffles. With stainless steel or titanium, you have the option to use ultrasonic cleaners, stainless steel pin tumbling, or "the dip".

My personal favorite balance of weight, length, and performance is the AAC Element 2. It has stainless steel baffles and a titanium tube, weighs 4.1 oz, and is 5.25" long. It also has one of the lowest first round pops in the industry! It's an older design, but still a great suppressor. The only drawback is the lack of shielded baffles, which can make disassembly a little more difficult when dirty, but they include a pusher tool to help with removing the baffles.

ELEMENT2™

Sound-wise, my favorite suppressor is the Dead Air Mask. It's a bit heavier, being mostly stainless steel, but it sounds amazing! It weighs 6.6 oz, but is a bit shorter than most competitors at 5.1" long.

Mask – DeadAirSilencers

I also have a SilencerCo Spectre II that performs well, but it's both long and heavy at 6.8 oz and 6" long.

Spectre 22 Rimfire Silencer | Suppressor - SilencerCo

Another suppressor that gets rave reviews is the Rugged Oculus, which is 4.3 oz and 3.25" in short configuration and 6.9 oz and 5.25" in long configuration.

NO First Round Pop! The Oculus 22

If weight is a serious concern, you could go with an all titanium option such as the Energetic Armament NYX, which is 3.6 oz and 5.6" long, or the modular NYX Mod2 which is 2.45 oz and 3.7" in short configuration and 4.15 oz and 6.5" in long configuration.

NYX™ Titanium Rimfire Silencer Ultra Lightweight Engineered for Performance

NYX™ Mod2 Modular Titanium Rimfire Silencer Reconfigurable Design

A couple of other options that get good reviews are the Q El Camino (4.3 oz, 5.95") and the TBAC 22 Take Down (5.9 oz, 5.6").

El Camino™ by Q

Thunder Beast Arms Corporation [TBAC] | Products | 22-TAKE-DOWN

There are plenty of options to choose from and most of them offer similar performance, but I still highly recommend choosing something with stainless steel or titanium baffles. You'll thank me later... ;)

Threaded 22LR suppressor host pistols

I have a SS Sparrow and a Spectre II. Both perform similarly. The Sparrow supposedly has more first round pop, but I've never really noticed it.

I had a chance to demo Bower's USS .22 LR – 5.7X28 | Bowers Group I would buy that if I was shopping for .22 can. It was incredibly quiet. Bowers customer service is great, which is pretty important when selecting a suppressor.

I would never get an aluminum .22 suppressor. I want a can that is easy to clean. Aluminum isn't that.

I'm at 14 months. In another 1-12 months I'll be able to tell you if the Rugged Oculus is any good.

I've shot a handful of the 22s out there.

Thus far the best was the Dead Air Mask.

Which I'd love to order one of, but my experiences with NFA have placed a rather large cork in my rear end making it even uncomfortable to shoot the one the graceful overlords have given me permission to possess.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top