JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Soo Iv been debating on getting a new scope for my AR. Iv currently have a FM Optics http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=FM3926Tits 3-9x26mm... Now The few things i dislike about this are, 1 how long the scope is its a little over 8in long.. and 2) how small the tube is... I cant really see that well out of it. And id like to get perhaps a 2in diameter one.

My Question is: Are there scopes out there that are 3-9 or whatever that are not long as the one iv got? .

I hope this makes a little bit of sense:confused:

First up what kind of Ar15 do you have? Flat top or A2. Next is what were you planing to use it for? Long range short or both? I also think you mean you want a 2in or 50mm main lens. You might want to look into a scope with a 30mm main bodey. It will have greater light transmission. What is your price range. Lupold make some of the best and clearest optics out there. On the low end you might want to check out SWFI and ther Super Sniper scopes. Very well made and have both fixed and there new 3x9 scopes. Lupold has there Ar15 line also. Check out there web page. Price is about right. When it comes to optics you very much get what you pay for.

the millets are great i'm selling mine cause i like it so much, i want to upgrade to a burris so im keeping a eye on mountain bears in case of a price drop :s0155:

but i think the op is looking for something compact and with higher in a 3x9x40 magnification

i don't think he is going to find anything shorter and more compact than what he has listed in a 40mm objective at least i have never seen or heard of one that short as he quoted 8"

The one I linked to above isn't mine. I decided to sell my AR without the Burris and keep it for a build I have in the works. But there is another one for sale in the classifieds. I am very satisfied with mine.

2) how small the tube is... I cant really see that well out of it. And id like to get perhaps a 2in diameter one.

Tube size likely has nothing to do with it.

What is likely going on is that it's a cheap scope, the eye relief is very narrow, and the exit pupil is small (like looking through a drinking straw).

Correct all three and you'll have a winner.

For that magnification (3-9x) you will ALWAYS have problems with the above if you stay that short. You either need to drop down to 1.5-4 or 2-6 ish to get shorter, go for a fixed magnification or just use something like this one:

<broken link removed>

I'm not sure why length is an issue. I have used that above scope on a carbine gas length AR with no problems.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top