JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My birthday recently passed and my older brother gave me my first 1911. Its a Kimber Pro TLE RL/2 with a stainless steel finish. I love the gun so much and am very happy with it ,and couldn't have asked for a better present ...But heres the thing, it has few minor spots on the finish ,it looks like old oil or something that has seeped it way into the light color of the the gun. I was wondering if I should have it refinished or completely change the colors of the pistol to the raptor color scheme .I kinda like it more than the stainless steel look .....but yea...I wouldn't think twice about changing the finish on a Glock or Xd but they aren't anything like El Kimbero.

-is there a chemical i can use to clean the stainless steel finish without harming the actual color ?All advice and suggestions is welcome.....

It might be a good idea to call Kimber and see how they recommend to clean it. I would try to clean up the existing finish before "refinishing it." The customer service is typically decent (im my experience) and you get to talk to a real person