Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

suggestions.... holster for xd-m .45

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by StewartRR, Oct 20, 2011.

1. StewartRR

StewartRR Steilacooom New Member

Looking for any suggestions for a reasonable priced holster, either inside waist band or on the belt, for my xd-m .45. Right now I have the stock one and its fine just wanting to see any suggestions out there.

Thanks

2. packed

packed Molalla Member

I just had a Theis holster made for a 4516 S&W and I am extremely happy! Mine is IWB, but I am unsure if you can get one that doubles as a on the belt holster too. Another option might be with SWCR (forum member). He made me a IWB/Belt holster for a sp101. All leather and turned out great. I have heard that he might not still be doing holsters though.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  3. Ligito

Ligito Oregon Active Member

I've had several holsters for S&W 4516, Shorty Forty and 6906, from Aker.

Contact them and see what they can do.

Aker International, Inc.

4. winlock1968

winlock1968 Arlington, WA New Member

With holsters you pretty much get what you pay for. Galco and Desantis make a good product for a reasonable price. If you want something more high end I strongly recommend TT Gunleather. Tim's craftsmanship is absolutely superb and his prices are very reasonable for the quality you will be receiving. I have two and I can say that they are a real work of art.

Another option that is very modestly priced is a Ramora holster. A very unique concept but it works quite well. I find them quite comfortable, they absolutely stay put, and they don't require a gun belt.

Speaking of gun belts, don't underestimate the need for a good one to go with your holster. Off the shelf belts at stores simply are not robust enough to handle carrying a sidearm. A good gun belt, while pricy, should last you a lifetime.

That's my two cents. Cheers!