JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
buy once....cry..UH...NONE. go shoot it.
I guess I've got to send some pills down range with one of these to see what I've been missing. Perhaps I can encourage someone to let me shoot theirs. Any Kimbers worth trying? And I'm a CZ fan. I have a p01 omega. I may see if CZ custom has something for me

I guess I've got to send some pills down range with one of these to see what I've been missing. Perhaps I can encourage someone to let me shoot theirs. Any Kimbers worth trying? And I'm a CZ fan. I have a p01 omega. I may see if CZ custom has something for me
i love my cz75 p07 suppressor ready in the urban grey color. i woulda suggested it but was tryin to suggest metal framed guns. check out the phantom!

i love my cz75 p07 suppressor ready in the urban grey color. i woulda suggested it but was tryin to suggest metal framed guns. check out the phantom!
I do prefer metal frames guns but nothing against polymer. I shoot about as tight of groups with my VP9 subcompact as I do my p01

CZ P09 urban grey with the Cajun upgrades and SIG SRD9 or SiCo Osprey. I wouldn't concern too much about frame materials though...
Not concerned about that at all..as far as functionality goes. Perhaps it's that I've shot so many and seen so many polymer guns they've become a bit "vanilla" to me. Depends on the gun of course but the felt recoil in a metal framed pistol always felt a little smoother and less snappy. Could be just the guns I've shot though.

I hesitate to recommend any $1K-$1.5K price point pistol for home defense because that is the handgun that is going to be carried out of your house in an evidence bag, stored in an evidence room until trials are over, and marked with the investigating officer's initials.

That said, the first pistol that came to mind in your suggested price point is the Walther Q5 Match SF.

I hesitate to recommend any $1K-$1.5K price point pistol for home defense because that is the handgun that is going to be carried out of your house in an evidence bag, stored in an evidence room until trials are over, and marked with the investigating officer's initials.

That said, the first pistol that came to mind in your suggested price point is the Walther Q5 Match SF.

If I'm ever unfortunate enough to have to use the gun to save my life then I believe it would be well worth its price to have served its purpose. Just the way I see it.

In this day in age you should probably start your decision at 1911 or not-1911.

I think not-1911 is more interesting so I'm talking about it here.

If you're a CZ fan, Shadow2 is a superb pistol in your price range. A CZ Shadow2 does bedside duty at my house wearing a light. If it saves my bacon and my family's, it's $1200 something bucks WELL spent.

Some nice 10mm handguns available, P220 Legion 10mm. Or get something capable of 45 super in case you want home defense. HK45 is a great choice. Spendy for polymer but the quality is fantastic.

Sig Mk25 may be something else to look in to.

All sorts of options in your price range.

In this day in age you should probably start your decision at 1911 or not-1911.

I think not-1911 is more interesting so I'm talking about it here.

If you're a CZ fan, Shadow2 is a superb pistol in your price range. A CZ Shadow2 does bedside duty at my house wearing a light. If it saves my bacon and my family's, it's $1200 something bucks WELL spent.

Some nice 10mm handguns available, P220 Legion 10mm. Or get something capable of 45 super in case you want home defense. HK45 is a great choice. Spendy for polymer but the quality is fantastic.

Sig Mk25 may be something else to look in to.

All sorts of options in your price range.
Probably a non 1911. While 1911s are certainly intriguing I have little experience with them.

Anyone tried shooting a Walther Q5 Match?

Yes, and it's fantastic. It's on my short list to buy, they have a steel frame version that is more inline with your stated price point. It is still a striker fired gun however so if you're looking to branch out and get the better trigger you might look elsewhere. I do think you're paying a bit of a premium though for the all steel frame.

I would think a CZ Shadow 2 would be up your alley.

Personally my finest semi-automatics are all 1911s, their capacity is limited though and a quality 2011 is outside that budget.

If you want a combat handgun the Sig Mk25 or 226 legion would be great (I have the Mk25, it's a fantastic gun).

If you're willing to dip your toe in the 1911 waters, I'd go with Dan Wesson at that price point all day long.

Yes, and it's fantastic. It's on my short list to buy, they have a steel frame version that is more inline with your stated price point. It is still a striker fired gun however so if you're looking to branch out and get the better trigger you might look elsewhere. I do think you're paying a bit of a premium though for the all steel frame.

I would think a CZ Shadow 2 would be up your alley.

Personally my finest semi-automatics are all 1911s, their capacity is limited though and a quality 2011 is outside that budget.

If you want a combat handgun the Sig Mk25 or 226 legion would be great (I have the Mk25, it's a fantastic gun).

If you're willing to dip your toe in the 1911 waters, I'd go with Dan Wesson at that price point all day long.
I love the Shadow 2 the only thing that works against it for me is having a manual safety. I prefer a decocker but it's just what I'm used to. Striker fired is ok with me.

Anyone have any input on EAA Witness Steel Match? A lot of people say they're underrated but then they're always going to be compared to a CZ. From an individual standpoint?

***edit***
Looks like the Witness Match only comes with a manual safety too...hmm. There is a lot to consider here.

Shadow 2 non 1911, STI Lawman or Dan Wesson in the 1911 flavor. I really have enjoyed my latest Kimber its a Agesis with a red dot. Said I would never own a Kimber again but my gf liked it and so far (1.2-1.5k rounds) its been flawless. Its in your price range:s0010:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top