JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a nice gun. By next level, something that someone likely wouldn't buy as a first gun, maybe even a second but likely a 3rd or 4th. Likely to avoid polymer but if there's something about a specific gun that makes it great and it happens to be polymer I wouldn't be against it. To clarify further, while I'd love to have a Wilson Combat or an STI level of gun, those seem to start in the close to $2k or more range. That would NOT be next level to me, that'd be a few levels up. All of my guns have been around $500-$700. I'm thinking I'll have to spend $1k to $1,500 to really start getting into the next level, am I wrong?

Things I want:
- Full size, no subcompacts or compacts
- Night sights. This will be a bedside, home defense gun.
- Rail space for a light.
- Accurate (more accurate than me, should not be hard right)

I don't care if its striker or hammer fired, I like both. Prefer the 9mm caliber just because I buy bulk ammo and it would give me the opportunity to shoot with it more. However if have a lot to gain from a different caliber, I'm open to suggestions.

In a nutshell, I want a gun that I'll want to take to the range to go shooting every day and never will want to sell. Which gun is this for you??....

could also check out the remingtons:

1911 R1 Limited Double Stack

i have an r1 enhanced suppressor ready in 45acp. i love it. it runs seamlessly.

if you prefer night sights they can be added later :)

IMO, and this isnt meant to crap on your thread or preferances AT ALL but i prefer a WML over night sights. period. :)

Palmettostatearmory -

AK pistol with SBa3 brace and/or AR pistol with SBa3 brace.

Both generally outperform most all other pistols except for the in regards to concealment.

could also check out the remingtons:

1911 R1 Limited Double Stack

i have an r1 enhanced suppressor ready in 45acp. i love it. it runs seamlessly.

if you prefer night sights they can be added later :)

IMO, and this isnt meant to crap on your thread or preferances AT ALL but i prefer a WML over night sights. period. :)
I prefer both. I use the night sights to establish a complete sight picture in the dark and light only for identifying. The night sights also help me locate my gun in the complete dark.

that gun i believe would be his forever gun! those things are sweeeet!
Any thoughts on having a gun designed around competition use as a defensive gun at home? I've heard things like too light a trigger under a tense situation can be bad and even legal issues arising should one be used defensively. Is this just malarkey?

i think an insurmountable amount of training speaks volumes to whatever trigger, or decision you have to make in whatever situation youre in.

as for your question, itd be better suited question for an attorney specializing in defensive gun use to answer. i dunno the answer.

IMO, we have the right to defend ourselves. im gonna use the tools at hand if need be.

Palmettostatearmory -

AK pistol with SBa3 brace and/or AR pistol with SBa3 brace.

Both generally outperform most all other pistols except for the in regards to concealment.
I've got 2 AR pistols one I'd trust my life to and one more for range fun. Always close by but still would like a nightstand pistol with light, night sights and eventually red dot

Any thoughts on having a gun designed around competition use as a defensive gun at home? I've heard things like too light a trigger under a tense situation can be bad and even legal issues arising should one be used defensively. Is this just malarkey?

Fine. STI Staccato P.

STACCATO – P

Better now? :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR