JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a question since you're a CZ owner. Do you happen to know anyone around who does work on CZs specifically? I'm trying to do a little tweaking on the ejection of my p01 because when I shoot it the casings pop up and hit me in the face or forehead. Kinda takes away from the enjoyment of shooting.
Yep. Check with @guitarguy on the Forum. Erik has years of experience polishing internals and installing Cajun Gunworks parts on all types of CZs and clones like Tristar and Caniks. I've done some CGW installations myself but only on my own guns. If I screw it up, I own it. Nobody would want me working on theirs.

Yes, that is a nice gun.

I like my SIGs - all of them alloy framed P-series hammer fired DA/SA and they have room for customization.

Probably my faves are my Mk25, my 227 Tactical and my 224. I wouldn't mind having an Elite frame or something like that, but everything would be a black or dark gray finish. I like my 229s too.

I wish SIG would bring back the 227 but with a steel Elite beavertail style frame and offer it in 10mm & .45 ACP & .460 Rowland and .45 Super. There is no reason they couldn't do that; the current 227 frame, but in SS, would probably have enough room for each of those, and it would just require a different barrel for each different chambering.

Sig p226 legion is a good 1500 pistol for the investment
any 1911 clone from kimber, smith or springfield if you like that platform
walther has a PPQ m2 match grade pistol in a steel frame out now
Berreta has some decent steel 9mm pistols
Any of the steel CZ's are a good buy as well

I really liked my Browning High Power and wanted to use one as my bi- weekly match gun. Once I priced the upgrades that I wanted it was so expensive that I dropped the idea and bought a Sig P226 instead. I have never regretted it. They were also expensive but I got mine in a trade. Recently I picked up a Sig P220 as a police trade in. It was in great shape and cost a third less than new. So keep on the look out .

Well I've decided, after much deliberation, what my "next level" handgun will be :D

The Beretta 92 Elite LTT

It checks all the boxes I have...
- 9mm for cheap shooting and my favorite, easy shooting caliber
- full size
- rail for mounting a light/laser
- steel or alloy frame
- 15 + 1 round capacity
- Reliable. Based off a platform that has been proven by extensive military use.

It also adds bonuses for me personally in that it is a decocker only (no manual safety). Reportedly has an amazingly DA trigger pull at around 7.5 to 8 lbs and a SA trigger pull around 4.5 lbs which will make it light enough to be accurate but not "too light" for a defensive use hangun. Very short reset as well and a Wilson Combat trigger bar. I will be ordering direct from Langdon Tactical to get the trigger job and NP3 finish.

I have no reason NOT to try this gun. It's received accolades from all of the top gun reviewers online. I will let you all know it shoots once I get my hands on it. :)

Last Edited:
Looking for a nice gun. By next level, something that someone likely wouldn't buy as a first gun, maybe even a second but likely a 3rd or 4th. Likely to avoid polymer but if there's something about a specific gun that makes it great and it happens to be polymer I wouldn't be against it. To clarify further, while I'd love to have a Wilson Combat or an STI level of gun, those seem to start in the close to $2k or more range. That would NOT be next level to me, that'd be a few levels up. All of my guns have been around $500-$700. I'm thinking I'll have to spend $1k to $1,500 to really start getting into the next level, am I wrong?

Things I want:
- Full size, no subcompacts or compacts
- Night sights. This will be a bedside, home defense gun.
- Rail space for a light.
- Accurate (more accurate than me, should not be hard right)

I don't care if its striker or hammer fired, I like both. Prefer the 9mm caliber just because I buy bulk ammo and it would give me the opportunity to shoot with it more. However if have a lot to gain from a different caliber, I'm open to suggestions.

In a nutshell, I want a gun that I'll want to take to the range to go shooting every day and never will want to sell. Which gun is this for you??....

I would buy a CZ Shadow 2 for around $1200. If you want something smaller, look at any of the other CZ 75 series guns. They are very well made and accurate. I have owned a Shadow 2 and now have the target Sport Orange. The S2 was the best handgun in my safe until I got the TSO. I guarantee that you will be happy with this choice.

Looking for a nice gun. By next level, something that someone likely wouldn't buy as a first gun, maybe even a second but likely a 3rd or 4th. Likely to avoid polymer but if there's something about a specific gun that makes it great and it happens to be polymer I wouldn't be against it. To clarify further, while I'd love to have a Wilson Combat or an STI level of gun, those seem to start in the close to $2k or more range. That would NOT be next level to me, that'd be a few levels up. All of my guns have been around $500-$700. I'm thinking I'll have to spend $1k to $1,500 to really start getting into the next level, am I wrong?

Things I want:
- Full size, no subcompacts or compacts
- Night sights. This will be a bedside, home defense gun.
- Rail space for a light.
- Accurate (more accurate than me, should not be hard right)

I don't care if its striker or hammer fired, I like both. Prefer the 9mm caliber just because I buy bulk ammo and it would give me the opportunity to shoot with it more. However if have a lot to gain from a different caliber, I'm open to suggestions.

In a nutshell, I want a gun that I'll want to take to the range to go shooting every day and never will want to sell. Which gun is this for you??....
Personally my IWI baby eagle is about as fine a gun as you can find. Honestly, they are relatively cheap, but I'll be darned if I could improve on mine. Wonderful triggers. So it might not be a tier up in price, but it is a killer deal in quality.

I would buy a CZ Shadow 2 for around $1200. If you want something smaller, look at any of the other CZ 75 series guns. They are very well made and accurate. I have owned a Shadow 2 and now have the target Sport Orange. The S2 was the best handgun in my safe until I got the TSO. I guarantee that you will be happy with this choice.

Was strongly thinking of picking up a SP-01 tactical and having it Cajunized by CGW. Still may go that route for a 2nd gun.

Personally my IWI baby eagle is about as fine a gun as you can find. Honestly, they are relatively cheap, but I'll be darned if I could improve on mine. Wonderful triggers. So it might not be a tier up in price, but it is a killer deal in quality.

I have had one in 45 and currently have one in 9. Wish I could have that 45 back as I feel its really one of the most underrated pistols there is. For a factory trigger it's fantastic! Reliability is second to none. The Israelis eeally know how to make great weapons.

I love the Shadow 2 the only thing that works against it for me is having a manual safety. I prefer a decocker but it's just what I'm used to. Striker fired is ok with me.

Anyone have any input on EAA Witness Steel Match? A lot of people say they're underrated but then they're always going to be compared to a CZ. From an individual standpoint?

***edit***
Looks like the Witness Match only comes with a manual safety too...hmm. There is a lot to consider here.
I used to love EAA pistols and have several, mostly Tanfoglio and one Steel compact. I used to stick up for their customer service when others started putting them down. NO MORE !!! I will never buy an EAA product again. Stick to CZs.

After 6 months of trying to get a bad magazine replaced and them throwing everything they had at me, I finally won. First, they didn't have one in stock, then they asked if I sent in the old one (after being approved once already), then they wanted my zip code, then they told me that I didn't send it in. I finally sent in pictures of the bad magazine, a good magazine and the original mailing receipt. They never did say whether they were going to replace it, but did ask for my address. It finally arrived in the mail last week. This started in April 2019.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top