JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My 15 year old daughter is a pretty good shot, but not every interested. I know that if there were some games/exercises that we could do together, she would be more interested and likely to *want* to shoot.

Does anyone have any suggestions for making shooting handguns fun?!

Thanks,
Dave

A good old fashion duel is fun, but you can only play once.

I've heard of making a target with monetary values. If you hit them, you get that much money. Definite plus to a 15 year old girl.

Hard to make a kid do something their not into. When I was fifteen all I was interested in was girls. In her case maybe she likes boys more than guns?? Just poking some fun. The only thing I can think of is having a father/daughter shooting contest. If there is money involved I'm sure she'll be a bit more intrested. :s0092:

We have a full auto shoot at the local range this coming weekend. :gun21:Might want to check it out if it's not to far away from where your located. Might spur her intrest a bit. Here's the link:

<broken link removed>

Good luck!

Join a local IDPA club! I was attending one with my boys a few years ago and we really enjoyed it! I want to start again, but I just can't find enough reloading supplies to accomplish it right now:(

Try alternatives to get her interested in guns (paintball is a fun start for kids, gets them interested in guns of some sort, and you can play with her.) Take her and some of her friends out and teach them how to shoot/safety (would consult the parents first) but make it a group activity that would be fun for her and make you look like a cool dad to her friends.

just some thoughs.

My brother in law and I like to take our 10/22's and use one of those stands that has 4 target plates that swing from one side to the other when you hit them. The object is to start with equal targets on each side and see who can clear there side first leaving the other with all of the targets. I dont know..... we think its kind of fun. She might too if she kicks the old mans butt! Have fun and be safe.

Invite some of her friends to go. Sometimes the company helps them have more interest.

Blow up baloons and let them get out a ways.

If it's shotguns, playing Annie Oakly is fun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top