Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Suggestions for rifle scope for Remington 750 308 ranges less than 200 yards?

Reactions
Like to spend less than $450. Was thinking of Vortex Diamondback 3x9x40 at about $200. I had purchased a Leopold Freedom recently with 4x12x 40 for a 270 bolt gun but the parrellax at 200 yards annoyed me with group patterns shifting about 2". I have a Remington 7400 in 30 06 fitted with a gold ring Leopold 1 x 6 x 20 for close in work and it is super accurate out to 200 yards with Fed Premium ammo. I'd think the 750 in 308 would likely do the same. Any recommendations for scopes. I'd like to find a lite weight scope about 12-14 ounces.
Thanks.

A Leupold 2.5-8x36 would be a nice piece if glass for that rifle. Its my favorite hunting scope other than the Swarovski z3 3-9x36.

Reactions
i have a Nikon Monarch UCC its an older model i have on a Varmint rig. it has awesome glass, clear no blur on the edges. the turrets track for adjustment well unless you are ripping MOA adjustments like i was on at a dogtown years back. then it would slip a couple clicks. besides that i have no complaints with the one i have.

ETA: a fixed 4x is a very good middle range optic for those distances

Reactions
Check out the Burris Veracity line. I picked up a 3x15 FFP for about $575 IIRC. It's a decent piece of glass for the money...I like it.

Got it at Dvor.com They are an outlet for Optics Planet I believe. Good place to keep an eye on for deals.

Reactions
I'd suggest you look for a Leupold 2-7X or a 3-9X in one of their more basic "Freedom" Scopes. The Retail is $199.99. Good Luck!

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online

• Kruel J
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect