Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Suggestions for AR sling

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by YFZsandrider, Aug 17, 2010.

1. YFZsandrider

YFZsandrider Tacoma, Wa Member

I am looking at different slings for my AR, mostly one point slings. I mainly do close quarters style shooting with it, and I would like something that will allow the rifle to sit at rest at my side, or in front... but be able to shoulder it quickly.

Thanks!

2. Decidion

Decidion Washington county, Oregon Member

3. stitchclimber

stitchclimber St. Louis Active Member

I love the gear sector slings! Mike (bnr32gtr) on the forum is a dealer. I use it and its great. attach a buckle to all your rifles (AK, AR, HK) and use one sling.

4. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

Vickers Combat Applications Sling...

5. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

Spectre Gear SOP sling is a nice choice for a 3 point.

6. Ryo

Ryo WA Member

I use exclusively Magpul MS2 slings. They are nice, though I wish they were a tad wider. It's best if used with the Magpul ASAP plate.

Vicker tac slings are nice too.

7. dave

dave Independence Member

8. gnarkill

gnarkill Richland, WA Member

I bought one of these for my 556 at the last WAC show. This guy's stuff is top notch and he was a pleasure to deal with. His setup is very slick and well built. It has two pull tabs essentially. You pull one to sinch it up, and pull the other to let it loose. The tabs are different lengths and of different materials so you dont have to look at it.

I think for the sling and two clips to get it completely mounted to the rifle I paid 45 bucks out the door. I am pretty sure he makes them in house too so you're supporting a local. Anyways might be worth a shot.

Catalog | SKT Industries.com | Nylon Gear Outfitter and Accessories

9. nilknarf

nilknarf Beaverton Active Member

10. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Shaddoxtactical.com makes an excellent 2-point sling that converts to 1-point if you wish, locally made in cornileus oregon.

11. gunjunky

gunjunky Arlington, WA Active Member

+1 Vickers blue force.

12. phathom

phathom Vancouver, WA Member

Contact LCspeedsteel on here, he makes them custom. I have one from him on my AR, it's a 3 point that can be worn like a 1 or 2 point sling as well. It's pretty nice and wasn't expensive.

13. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

Vickers!

14. Fritze

Fritze Tacoma, WA New Member

Dude,
    We just got some EMA single points in, $40.00 for the sling and same for the adapter.

But do some research, the EMA are only one choice.

I would suggest steel clips and adapter with an quick sliding length adjuster.

The EMA brand have aluminum clip and adapter, the adapter is kinda cool in that it clamps onto the buffer tube and collar, no need to remove them to install.

Fritze

15. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

+1 on SKT, good guy to deal with and yea, all his stuff is made in house SKT is "Scott's Kitchen Table". He makes some really nice stuff all around, Once I got to a free state I want to get a serbu and one of his holsters.

I keep trying to get him to make pouches and the like, havn't heard anything about it though. There's also tac-tailor in lakewood. TACTICAL TAILOR Quality Tactical Gear for Military and Law Enforcement The sling selection there isn't as good, but they make some really high quality stuff.