JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was looking at the Magpul MS4 and heard something about JS Premium single point sling but haven't looked at it really to know.
Those of you who have one I would love and all advice or recommendations.
Thanks

If you don't like your knees or dick then get a single point sling. If you do then just get a nice 2 point. Magpul has a nice three point sling I can't remember the name of it though.

Unfortunately, I wont be wearing my rifle quite often enough to justify a 3 point. The reason I thought a single point would be best is because I would rarely really ever be using it to carry or walk long distances. Mostly its for when I just go out shooting in the mountains and i can easily drop it to my side and pick am going to shoot.

Ah well I am biased because I have used single and two points for different reasons and the single point was more of a nuisance because it just dangles and slaps your knees, shins, dick. But that's just my 2 cents

Ah well I am biased because I have used single and two points for different reasons and the single point was more of a nuisance because it just dangles and slaps your knees, shins, dick. But that's just my 2 cents
Damn really? Even if your just walking like 10-20 ft?

Damn really? Even if your just walking like 10-20 ft?
It probably would be ok if you're just walking 10-20ft and not too preoccupied with both hands. So I guess if you have one hand kind of supporting/controlling it you'll be fine. I had to run and do things with both hands. So I think that's why I fondly remember dick and balls getting slapped with a rifle. So our experience may vary.

Single point are good to transition from rifle to side arm. As prev poster said, not good if moving around. The Magpul MS4 GEN 2 AR-15 SLING DUAL QD BLACK allows you to use it as both single and two-point. Check gun.deals. I avoided the cheap Chinese slings from Amazon.

I don't use a single-point sling to carry, but I do use one to shoot.

Nylon, under $20, will likely last longer than me.

camogamoschakshot001.jpg

Like the magpul MS4, gives easier options to switch out & adjust.

Rarely use single point tho, only on PDW type firearms these days. Everything else just has 2 point slings. Far easier to control when running drills. Safety is crucial at all times, which includes muzzle awareness!

Setting up a sling is truly one of those things which is multi dependant upon what your mostly doing, what your likely wearing, and what is slung. IMO.

Its more than likely going go have to be a try what works best for you all.

Now, if one is simply concerned about LARPing about? Single points do kinda "look cool". However we take function over form quite seriously...

My thought process is this: choose one system/setup and then set up every rifle like that. For me, it is a two-point sling with one mounting point around the tang or at the back of the receiver, always on the left, and another point a little in front of the receiver, also on the left side.

Every rifle and shotgun, whether self-defense or plinking or whatever, is set up the same way. Most use qd mounts, but there are a few other ways of attachment. And I use different brands of slings, too. (Look at the Vickers sling from Blue Force Tactical) But they are al 2 points slings on the left.

You don't have to choose between single and double point slings. Savy Sniper makes a great sling that is easily convertible on the fly, utilizing QD attachments. There are other brands out there too. Best of both worlds. :)

I believe Magpul (as mentioned) has a sling that will convert between single point and two point. That might be your best option in order to try out which configuration works best for you.

Also as mentioned, a 2-point sling will be more a more secure way to control your weapon.

I have Magpul MS4 and usually used in a two point configuration. But I have a single point sling adapter as well but I don't use it that often.

I prefer a two point sling that allows the gun to hang upright, and not upside down. I can let it sit at waist high, above my legs, and choose to either carry it across the front, at my side, or even behind me. I've got a single point sling I bought, but as mentioned they're more of a nuisance than a good working setup.

I recommend that you get this or something similar to go with your single point sling:

I have to agree with what the others have said. I do have a single point sling on my AR pistol as that is the most practical sling for that gun. Typically I make my own 2 point slings as I find them the most useful in most cases.

I did get a Magpul for one of my rifles and I really like it. Again it mostly lives in 2 point configuration, but there are sometimes a single point would be nice. Typically I find trying to transition from strong side to weak side shooting is easier with a single point sling. I know others have said the MS4 and it uses a more common style attachment, but I really like my MS3 style hooks.

This is my favorite dedicated single point sling that I've used...
https://www.originalsoegear.com/products/bungee-single-point-sling

That said, single slings have a very limited application and two points are typically much more useful. A 2 to 1 point triglide can be added to most two point slings to make them convertible to a single point.
https://www.impactweaponscomponents...ads-into-your-sling-and-makes-it-convertible/

Oh and 3 point slings suck, I wouldn't even consider them an option.

My thought process is this: choose one system/setup and then set up every rifle like that. For me, it is a two-point sling with one mounting point around the tang or at the back of the receiver, always on the left, and another point a little in front of the receiver, also on the left side.

Every rifle and shotgun, whether self-defense or plinking or whatever, is set up the same way. Most use qd mounts, but there are a few other ways of attachment. And I use different brands of slings, too. (Look at the Vickers sling from Blue Force Tactical) But they are al 2 points slings on the left.

I also prefer a Vickers 2 point, bit I'm the opposite in setup, I like to spread out my attachment points, the front is are forward on the right side (I'm a lefty, RH shooter would go on the left side, the rear is at the back of the stock on the opposite side. Placing the rear attachment on the opposite side prevents choking oneself when transitioning shoulders. spreading the points out gives more control which is the benefit of a 2 point.

As far as banging your knees/dick with a single point, it just means one must maintain control of the weapon with at least one hand during rapid movement.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top