JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

This. :s0155:

Get a 226 in 40 and have fun. The beretta 96 ain't bad, but I am much more impressed by the trigger on the sig. Other than the sig, and assuming $$ is no object, you can always get one of those Hi-Cap 1911's in 40. Supposed to be really fun and the mags hold a metric ton of ammo. Glocks can be had for cheap, but everyone has a glock. Same with XD's.

Best deal going right now are the Smith & Wesson 3rd gen autos. Available in all steel and steel upper with an alloy frame for light weight, also blue and stainless versions of each. No more new production, but plenty of used available. A quick search on Google for these models will give you an idea of what they look like and the going rates, Smith & Wesson 3rd generation autos were THE standard issue gun for many PDs for many years, even after the spastic plastic took over. Look for models: 4006, 4053, 4013, 410, 4016, 4014, 4040PD.

I agree on the Smith and Wesson metal frame autos. I love my 915 9mm and have almost purchased a 4006 on several occasions. They represent an excellent value for the money. $400 or less should get you a great handgun.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I came into this leaning toward the Browning Hi-Power. I see lots of Sig P226s on GunBroker. Not many CZs in .40 there, nor Hi-Powers either. The S&W 4006 is an interesting choice. Lots available, that's for sure.

Not only is the 4006 metal, it is completely stainless, including the frame. None of this potmetal stuff for that one. Have had one for a long while and only replaced the recoil spring. Can't shoot it out. Lots of them available for $400 or so. You can call S&W for the first purchaser of the piece.

Also, check out the Bersa in 40SW. Excellent value. Here is the website, <broken link removed>

Also, check out the Bersa in 40SW. Excellent value. Here is the website, Thunder 9 and 40 HC Pro Series

Could be the best weapon in the history of man, but it is still one UAG (ugly arse gun). I'd have to drape a black cloak over it to shoot it........just my opinion.

Those Stainless S&Ws are nice. My dad has a 4506 that he bought from a M.C. Sheriff when they went to Glocks way back when...the sheriff tried buying it back many times. Great guns and very reasonable priced.

Beretta 96D's can be had for a decent price and they are a quality firearm.

IMG_1678.JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads